Can Paracetamol Kill Vultures (And Humans)?

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Received this e-mail yesterday about vultures dying from paracetamol. Check it out :

Well, here's my reply :

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  2. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I took these paracetamols a few days ago. Reason: Flu, fever and weary back and joints!

If I didn't take any of those, the weekend would be even painful! :wall:

I wouldn't worry about Paracetamol or Tylenol. They are actually safe if taken in the right dosage.

3. Adrian Wong

That's exactly right -> the right dosage.

4. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Haha you're one of those few that I know, that actually reply to these chain mails.

I only did it few times, but gave up when their ignorance level remains that high.

I did it when they send me emails telling me that I have to send it to 25 people or my Hotmail account will be closed, swt

5. Adrian Wong

Well, I only do it sometimes. There are so many e-mails like this one, it's impossible to reply to all of them.

6. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

I was mean to my friend.

She forwarded those donation thing saying aol will track your email and donate to a sick person.

I replied to everyone saying that if aol can track your email, its invasion of privacy... and bla bla bla :mrgreen:

7. Adrian Wong

LOL! But seriously, I'm quite surprised that people would actually believe such nonsense. If a company like AOL or Microsoft wants to donate money, they would just donate it. What's the point in asking people to forward e-mails, or tracking them? That would be a waste of time and money - resources that can be donated to said charity...

It's also a waste of everyone's time and bandwidth. Sure, an e-mail is small.. but if everyone sends it to 20 others (as most chain mails would request), that's A LOT of e-mails after just 10 forwards down the line! A lot of time would also have been wasted forwarding or replying to the stupid chain mail...

8. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

What I really don't understand is those - send to 10 people and your true love will appear LOL

9. Adrian Wong

LOL! If only it was so easy.

Well, in a way it's true if you already have your eye on a girl/guy. To you, he/she is your "true love". Having him/her appear appear is nothing magical. Would have happened even if you did not send the e-mail out. However, that doesn't mean he/she will actually fall in love with you! :haha: :haha:

10. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

What about those 'cursed' email where Mr A was killed in a terrible accident after he failed to send the email to 10 other friends LOL.

11. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. Those are real mind-bogglers, if you think about it.

How did the writer of the chain mail know what happened to all those people who met with accidents after refusing to forward the e-mails? :haha:

12. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Maybe the only reason why I would forward you such email is so that you can debunk them and post them here (at the same time labelling people who send you those mails (me) as idiots) LOL

13. Adrian Wong

That's of the reasons why people keep sending me such chain mails... :haha: :haha:

14. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Haha I only wonder, did you get any replies from them after sending them a long long mail?

15. Adrian Wong

Most just forward the replies to their friends/relatives. :D

16. ET3D

ET3D Newbie

I'm glad you replied to this. Never got it, but I do people forwarding stuff to me, and if they're close to me I take care to refute the mail. A good way to do that is to find people on the net who seem to know what they're talking about.

17. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

I changed my email so many times, until I rarely receive forwarded emails now.. :thumb:

18. ET3D

ET3D Newbie

I've been using the same e-mail address for about 10 years now. I prefer that people know how to get to me (even if it means more spam). That's the main benefit of getting a personal domain, IMO. I've had several e-mail providers over the years, and I always forward to the current one. That way I'm not tied to any particular provider.