Canker sores!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by The_YongGrand, Jul 29, 2012.

1. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Yeah - I got that especially when I'm a bit in a busy lifestyle, or a nasty warm weather. Now it's in the cheeks, which makes chewing hard sometimes.

It's hard for me to eat the vegetables because it gives a burning feeling. Rest of the food is still OK.

Only thing to relieve the thing is the Orrepaste. Any other methods suggested? Some of them said that putting a bit of Magnesia milk onto that painful zone can give a long lasting relief.:whistle:

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Well, you can get it to heal quicker by keeping your oral cavity clean - brushing after meals and gargling with non-alcoholic mouth wash or salt water.

1 person likes this.
  3. The_YongGrand

Yeah I already did, actually. I guess it can take weeks to heal from that. :whistle:

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Me too. I've been suffering for a week now.

5. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Same here. I savior would be Listerine, twice a day morning and night. It would heal much much faster, usually a couple of days and the pain is gone.

6. The_YongGrand

Yeah, Listerine is good. I bought it and used it after brushing teeth and eating. Now it's not that much painful. :)

7. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

I find that it's pretty easy to get these after taking significant amounts of fried food and not brushing directly after.

Am trying to cut down on fried stuff in this hot humid weather.

8. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Here are some tips on oral hygiene...

Most people aren't aware of this but if you flush with the toilet lid up, the action creates a fine mist of vapourised toilet water that can take hours to settle down. Some will inevitably land on your toothbrushes, so either flush with the lid down, or keep your toothbrushes in a cupboard or container.

Bacteria and grime will accumulate on your toothbrush over time. Either you replace them on a regular basis, or soak them in a small container filled with mouthwash. It will keep them clean for a much longer time.

If you have wounds or ulcers in your mouth, you might want to avoid mouthwashes containing alcohol as it has a drying effect and will irritate the wound.

9. The_YongGrand

Thanks for the heads-up. Btw, some toilets are uh... squat. If it's a sitting-WC, I can shut the lid off, but there are no lids on a squatting-WC. I would be stepping outside as quick as possible everytime I flush.

Luckily the sink and the toothbrushes are outside the toilet so I wouldn't worry much about them.

I got the Listerine which is contains zero-alcohol. :)