cannot find camera on EEE PC 1000HD

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by hutch, Jan 3, 2009.

1. hutch

hutch Newbie

I recently purchased a EEE PC 1000HD, and I cannot find where to turn on the camera, not in the menu, looked there, not anywhere that I can see, also I downloaded a powerpoint viewer and still cannot see any powerpoint on this netbook, can this netbook do powerpoint? the viewer is installed ok. I am out of ideas as to how to solve these 2 problems, can any help me please, would appreciate it very much any help I can get, hoping to hear from anyone who can help me..... thanks in anticipation.. Hutch.

2. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

hmm, is the drivers for the camera installed? try using msn to see if the camera works..it does not require a switch but often requires the driver or some Asus Application for it to work (asus liveframe or something like that)as for netbook, it should b able to read powerpoint, maybe you could try installing ms office?

3. hutch

hutch Newbie

How to install MS office when there is no CD drive? I have a disk but not a disk drive in the EEE PC, thanks for responding.. hutch.

4. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

you can get an external USB drive OR use another computer and map the drive over a network OR convert the disc into an image and run it from a thumbdrive.

5. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

That camera must have to be enabled in BIOS. Check the BIOS first. :mrgreen: