Can't login to TechARP on my own laptop (Plus other issues.).

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ToyotaFreak, Jan 13, 2009.

1. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

Hi there, been a while since I last posted, but anyways, tried to login into ARP, but I couldn't do it on my laptop.

Every time I enter my user name & password to login, it says done & brings me to a blank white page. Pressed the back button and tried to login on a couple of attempts, but I'm still not logged in (Same thing kept happening.).

Also, when I open a new window, Mozilla will jam up for a couple of seconds or longer, once it gets back to normal, a prompt asking me to stop script or continue (Choosing the latter will cause it to jam up for a couple of seconds again, then open the window. This prompt does not appear in the first half hour of switching on & operating it.).

On Internet Explorer, every time I load up a website, a Microsoft Office prompt keeps popping up saying that I need to install front page or something and then asks me to insert the CD (Which is at home far far away.). Same thing happens when I open winamp.

I wonder if the following could have caused it;

Before this happened, I got a shop in Bangkok to change my RAM from 1.5GB to 2GB while I got my keyboard fixed.

Went back to Malaysia for a month. While surfing on an internet line I leeched (Guilty.), I got a virus called Framer (Which I removed when it was detected by AVG.). Even though it was removed, my laptop felt the same (e.g. Firefox jamming up every time I try to open a new window.).

P.S. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area, as I couldn't find the Tech Support section (Used to be on the forum's main page.) of the forum.

Thanks In Advanced

TF

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Have you tried to clear cache?

Tried Google Chrome?

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, I would try clearing the cache too. This happened to me before and I resolved it by clearing the browser cache and restarting the browser. Just restarting the browser itself won't work.

4. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

:wicked: what are you up to this time toyotafreak :wicked:

5. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

Woohoo! It works!:dance:

(After a couple of attempts.)

Thanks guys!

zy; Nothing fishy there. Besides, I would be in really big trouble if I were to surf for pr0n while leeching through one of the waterworks department unencrypted lines (Wouldn't want to have someone knocking on my front door!). ;)

6. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

Been a while.... Good to see ya TF! :wave:

7. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

what 's a waterworks department?

8. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

LOL! Jabatan Air. There's one across the road from where I live.

Parents can't justify getting wireless internet for now, as we're overseas most of the time.

9. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Water Department, Department of Water Management, etc. :D

The department that handles your house's water supply and you pay them every month or two. :beer: