catch 22 video problem

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by magicine, Apr 29, 2009.

1. magicine

magicine Newbie

I run openGL intensives programs like Solidworks,
    and I run Adobe Premier and photoshop. and I want to play blu-ray titles.

to get max performance for each it seams I need two completly different graphics cards.
    does anyone know of an opengl card that is HDCP compliant and is fast for photo/video manipulation?

john h

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Well, the newer workstation cards should all support HDCP at least in the GPU, but whether the card implements them is another issue. You will have to check the individual card specs.

The graphics card has little effect on Premiere or Photoshop though.

3. burnout21

burnout21 Newbie

hehe, i did something a little different.

I was running a GTX280 with solidworks for a while, and noticed that Quadro FX3450's were dirt cheap on ebay. Considering my motherboard had dual PCI-E slots, i grabbed a Quadro off the bay.

Now in order to get both cards working under windows XP Pro, i took the lastest Quadro driver, and added the device ID of the GTX280 to the NV4_disp.dll, installed the driver.

So now, i've got Open GL acceleration in solidworks, and Gaming ability/HD playback. All with two cards on the cheap.

I think Windows 7 will support more than one video driver at a time, so no more driver tweaks. But im not 100% on that information.

Oh if your running CS4 then cuda is considered handy.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009