Cellular Internet question

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by warmachine2, Apr 24, 2020.

1. warmachine2

warmachine2 Newbie

So I’m one of those that is rural but now has to work from home. I’m currently working a computer off a sprint hotspot. No providers in our area have been able to get enough signal here to set up. I’ve started looking at cellular options but ATT, which has the best coverage in my area, says theirs is not available at my address. I’ve looked into some others but they’re all based off of sprint/T-Mobile. My question is, will this be any more reliable then the hotspot is? With the hotspot I get kicked off several times a day. Today I can’t even get it to work on the computer. And even if it does work I can’t let my daughter use her tablet because it effects the computer. Sorry if this is a dumb question but I really don’t know much about this stuff. I appreciate any answers or advise.

2. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

I'm not familiar with the cellphone idiosyncrasies of your country, but are you saying even if you walked into an ATT shop and wanted to buy a smartphone with ATT, they'll tell you nope because your address is not covered?

Because seems like the easiest solution is to just get mobile data for your phone and then turn your smartphone into a mobile hotspot.

3. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

Fixed wireless internet typically will be better than regular phone plan hotspot. Where are you located?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk