Chan: Surprised over move to reduce traffic fines

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by doraemon, Sep 6, 2006.

1. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

told u already, we got joke from time to time, they make my day:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

ROTFL!!! :haha: :haha:

First, Customs Department vs. the Jasin MP. Now, the Transport Minister vs. the Police??? :haha: :haha: :haha:

3. angel1011

angel1011 Baby-DeeNoo

:thumb: :thumb: well said.

4. Adrian Wong

Indeed... if he really means it. :D

5. angel1011

angel1011 Baby-DeeNoo

our country, should reduce price ones, never reduce, should not reduce one, go reduce pulak!

compare these two: we need to use petrol everyday or we need to pay summons everyday? which one should be reduced instead? :wall:

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

LMAO, this reminds me of Top Gear. :haha:

7. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

They need to have better communication :think:

8. Adrian Wong

Whether they really need our money or not, they have decided to reinstate the original fine amounts. :wall: :wall:

9. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

its show time again!
    I don't see the purpose of reducing fines actually, to encourage the public to settle all their fines? I think it's more to encouraging people to break the rules, since its cheaper? :naughty:

10. Adrian Wong

If the queues are anything to go by, evidently the fines are not working. All high fines do is encourage policemen to ask for bribes.

If given a choice between a RM 300 fine (with demerit points) or bribing a policeman with a RM 50 note, I believe many would choose the latter.

But if they reduce the fine to RM 100, well, then I believe many would then choose to pay the fine, rather than feeding those dirty cops.

11. strawroot

well, some might js avoid the trouble of having to Q to pay the compounds? still choose RM50 over RM100? :cool: maybe by then RM50 will be reduced to RM30 or RM10? :think:

12. Adrian Wong

There will come a point where the policeman will consider the risk of getting caught for bribery too great for the amount of bribe.... :mrgreen:

Would you risk your job for a RM 20 bribe?

13. strawroot