Chinese Phone Cons

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by cypris, Oct 24, 2007.

1. cypris

cypris Newbie

I've been hearing a lot of complaints from lots of my friends who have gotten these annoying phone calls from Chinese people about winning stuff and the person being required to put in some money in order to obtain the rest yada yada.

I want to know what have you guys done/plan to do when you receive/d the phone calls?

I think I got a call from them recently. A Chinese girl was on the other end of the line, and I was in a bad mood. She spoke to me in mandarin saying something like "Ni hao,blah blah blah" and asking me if I could speak chinese and I was like,"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SAYING?! AND WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT?!" and she immediately hung up without saying another word. So, in a way I think being ganas is a good way to flick them off your back?

I definitely do not think that it was anyone of my friends at all because they would know better than to speak to me in Mandarin. :|

2. rusty

rusty Newbie

My mom got one of those calls once. and she just replied in english "I beg your pardon" and keep repeating it until the china lady hangs up :p
    never got any calls from china since.

3. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

next time, just let them know politely -> 去你娘的

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Very common. They also call you on phone using a taped recording which tells you that you missed your "court appointment" and gives you a number to call.

If you call up, they will tell you that you have missed your court appointment and can be arrested, fined, etc. If you want to avoid this, bank in some money to some inspector, etc.

Don't worry so much about these calls. Ignore them or call them names is up to you. But don't fall for them. If you are supposed to attend court, they will need to serve you the summons. If you really won a prize, you should NOT need to have to pay them something first.

If you are desperate to win something, well, just try out our latest contest la. 50 cash vouchers up for grabs and we guarantee we won't require you to bank in any money... unless you want to! :twisted:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  5. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Actually they want to get your full name, IC and bank account number at the end of the day...

i "play" before... just provide them all fake detail n they will keep calling u n ask for more say they need more account or name to win more money hahaaa

I just drag n drag which normally i m free and waste thier phone bill to chit chat with me hahaha... just threat it as a entertainment call n tell lie to them hahahaaaa :haha: :haha: :haha:

6. Adrian Wong

LOL!!! That's very good! :haha: :haha:

7. rusty

rusty Newbie

If they are using skype or VoIP, then they aren't really loosing anything other then their patience :mrgreen:

8. Adrian Wong

That's true. Plus TM has this unlimited call package for only RM 68. But it will waste their time and reduce the number of people they can con.

9. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

You guys should read what Kenny Sia did! :haha:

10. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

I am not sure wat they using but when i received the call it display unknown... which i just got it less than an hours ago..

Ya when i got it just now just say ya,, and left my phone there... you know wat they really continue talking n selling grandma story and always using the same reason... some event for nokia or samsung in stadium merdeka bla bla bla feel like killing them :wall:

11. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. Report them to the police. :D

12. rusty

rusty Newbie

our malaysian police damn lazy wan lah. give them another case, they grouble. something as easy as snatch theft also so difficult to solve. really malaysia boleh.

13. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. That's true also. :mrgreen:

Best of all, high-level police officers are going after their subordinates who refuse to toe the line and insist on going after their Mafia friends. :hand:

See the newspaper reports on police officers being arrested for "falsifying evidence" against a businessman? Well, rumour has it that they are being persecuted because they arrested this Chinese mafia man called Tengku against the wishes of their higher-ups. It doesn't take an IQ of 100 to know why their higher-ups are so against his arrest.... ;)

14. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Oh my god... I read the news, and the crime scene looks bad! :faint: And the crime are uncontrollable, at a very horrible rate. I afraid it'll become something like those of the South American countries too... where they have problems with the corruptions. :faint: :faint: :faint:

15. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. Which is why such phone scams are so common. The police just don't care... or can't do anything. :hand:

16. The_YongGrand

I once got that phone scam with phony-style scamming techniques and I quickly hung up the phone. :haha:

17. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Hey I got these calls too, a couple of times. The first time I said "No speak chinese, sorry, bye bye" and hung up. The 2nd time I just hung up once I realised it was the same idiots.

For me, given the social/work circles I hang with, anyone speaking with that standard of Mandarin can't be good news. Even if they were offering free secks :shifty:

18. Adrian Wong

I think they are mostly from China. Their Mandarin sounds a little different from ours.

19. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

where did they get our no. from? :mad:

20. The_YongGrand

From the phone books maybe... :haha: