Church image

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Theoretical_Photographer, May 11, 2006.

1. Fowey church

Wasn’t happy with the sky and general quality, but was wondering what people thought of composition

The day was very hazy and overcast… not good for the photo I wanted

Ps. You can see cloud brakes, but light was overcast (sometime really good, but not for the contrast I wanted )

Attached Files:

2. m0dD3r

m0dD3r Newbie

That's a cool lookin' church man. Really nice shot too.

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. I think you are right about the lack of contrast. :think:

As for composition, I "think" it might be better to
    "step back" and frame the church tower to one side, i.e. on the left. :think:

4. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Nothing a little PS couldn't fix. :faint: :faint: :faint:

5. Still not got good light here >< fog is even thicker than when I left for a short holiday.. Image was PS’ed – not much I can do to that image (well that’s worth doing – best to just get a better shot)

Can remember, but there may have been some objects in shot I wouldn’t want if I move church left or even right (and churches are heavy and hard to move :p). But thanks for info – will see what I can do if fog clears before the tree loses its redness
    ---------------
    added:
    Really struggling with this light :p that’s what its like atm \/ (image)

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 15, 2006
  6. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

too much glare, i think.. you could try a CPL, or try taking a silhouette of the church during evening :)

and try taking it further away, so that the church tower doesn't fill up the entire image or most of the image.

7. What’s CPL?

And I cant take it any further way.. its just the way the town is – Basically had a house against my back taking that shot :p

Not really much I can do angles and distance… it may just not be a good place to shoot

8. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Last edited: May 16, 2006
  9. Oh, lol - silly me.. yup, think i used on of them when time shot

10. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

CPL reduces glare..

Or you can hold a piece of sunglasses if it's big enough to cover your lens. Or a taut piece of glass tint sheets