Cleaning Robots!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Adrian Wong, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hey guys... anyone of you have any experience with cleaning robots?

Jason bought an LG Roboking VR6174LVM last year and he seems to be very happy with it. So I thought, why not get one too! :D

I found two models that seem pretty good

- the newer LG Roboking VR6270LVM / 6271LVM / 6272LVM / 6273 LVM (no idea what's the difference between those models - they all seem the same!)
    LG VR6270LVM Roboking Robot Vacuum Cleaner Dual Eye 2.0 **INSURANCE / FREE EMS** | eBay

- the Samsung Navibot SR8980, which comes with an auto-cleaning feature - its docking station empties the robot's dustbin automatically!
    NEW BOXED Samsung Navibot Black SR8980 Robotic Robot Vacuum Cleaner Hoover | eBay

Any thoughts on these robots? BTW, if anyone else is interested to bulk, let me know! :D

2. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Only works on an uncluttered floor. If you have cables, carpet, lots of furniture and other crap, it confuses the heck out of them.

I had a cheap china-brand model, I had to superglue some "horns" onto its bumper because there was one shelf that was just the right height to clear the bumper, but not clear its whole body, so sometimes it would go under the shelf and get stuck.

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Maybe that's the problem with China-branded models? Because Jason's LG Roboking works great so far. Very quiet to boot.

After reading the various reviews, I think I will most probably import in the LG Roboking VR627xLVM, which is the latest model with a squarish look. It apparently is better at cleaning corners than the older model.

So far LG seems to have the best floor cleaning robots. They clean better than Samsung Navibots or even iRobot Roombas, and are much quieter than the Roombas.