Computer problem again... Need help desperately... (suspect motherboard)

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by SkylineRemix, Jul 17, 2008.

1. SkylineRemix

SkylineRemix Newbie

ah geez... Looks like i'm the one who's always have problem with my computer. Situation is like this, i turn on my computer, it beep and it hang there with the Asus Logo and the motherboard model number. I tried to enter BIOS but it doesn't work at all. Keyboard is properly connected, so as the mouse.

Previously, my brother was playing Maple Story on the comp and it lag so he restarted the comp. And then this is what happen. I couldn't think of what would be possible that this would happen. I do know that my acer laptop motherboard was killed by Maple Story (and till now, we still refuse to fix because acer is charging us RM 700 for a 2nd hand motherboard) as that was the last thing running before it crash. Could the game be the cause?

What i'm even more worried is my files. I haven't backed them up yet. And worst still, the during purchase receipt is not with me. Don't know if motherboard still have warranty or not. Got it last year July (which is one year ago). Need desperate reply if possible. Thanks.

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Do you even see the Windows loading screen? Or just it get stuck at the BIOS?

If it's stuck at the BIOS... check the motherboard manual and try to clear the CMOS data. Then boot up, go into the BIOS and update the settings as necessary.

I seriously doubt Maple Story killed the computer as well as the laptop.

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I suspect motherboard as well. How old is this motherboard? Maybe leaking caps.

4. SkylineRemix

SkylineRemix Newbie

It actually stuck at the page after the beep which has both intel and asus logo. Tried F2 and delete, both can't work. Couldn't enter BIOS also. Windows logo also did not appear. How to clear CMOS anyway? Couldn't recall already...

By any chance, would it be processor failure? Maybe overheating which i don't think that will happen.... (but my place do have lot's of dust...)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  5. SkylineRemix

SkylineRemix Newbie

Sorry, phone cannot quote both message. Motherboard is almost 1 year old.

6. Chai

Not old enough for caps to leak I think. Try resetting the BIOS, see if it works. Sometimes the motherboard is reluctant to boot at stock speed (which usually mean that it's motherboard issue). Get it checked ASAP and send for RMA if needed.

7. SkylineRemix

SkylineRemix Newbie

Where is the RMA center for Asus? Don't think i have the receipt with me.

8. Chai

I don't think there's a service center for Asus. Usually a distributor. Maybe Build Com? Can't remember the name exactly.

9. Adrian Wong

There are a few distributors, which is why you need the receipt. :(

10. SkylineRemix

SkylineRemix Newbie

Manage to boot up yesterday midnight after the computer has rest for 24 hours. Backed up everything already and getting ready tm format and re-check the wiring.

I think it may be possible that the computer is stressed out. Doing my best now to keep it to normal.

11. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Could be your PSU as well .... but does sound like a mobo issue :think:

12. Adrian Wong

How is it now? I'm not sure about your system but I experience boot problems with mine sometimes because the cards get loose. My system is "naked". Heh.. I don't use a case so the cards aren't supported.

13. SkylineRemix

SkylineRemix Newbie

sorry for the late reply. It's better now. Just formatted only so it should be stable by now.

14. generalRage1982hrv

generalRage1982hrv ARP Reviewer

for how long
    to me it looks like a bios problem i had similar issues with asus mbos, sometimes they are shipping mbos with beta bios
    but any way also check your ddr modules
    it could be that they are making problems (mbo cant boot if they are burnd/damaged or unsupported)

15. SkylineRemix

SkylineRemix Newbie

i've updated the bios like few months ago. So far that bios is okay. Just that when i opened the comp and let say add another harddisk and then when i place back and try to reboot, it goes to a very long beep (something like buzzer) and comp couldn't start. All i did that time was unplug and plug the SATA cables again. That was some time ago.

How to check DDR modules? Izit the RAM?

16. Adrian Wong

I would reseat everything, like the RAM and graphics cards. You could have dislodged something while installing the hard drive.

17. Keiichi

Keiichi Newbie

motherboard problem

My friend is a computer teacher and has five computers at home. One of his computers got nuked. A service centre suspected that the motherboard got killed. He then transferred his Lan card from the nuked motherboard to another machine and the new motherboard showed the same symptoms as the motherboard that got nuked before. Could it happen that his lan card killed his motherboard?

18. Keiichi

Keiichi Newbie

Mother board repair

My friend is a computer teacher and has five computers at home. One of his computers got nuked. A service centre suspected that the motherboard got killed. He then transferred his Lan card from the nuked motherboard to another machine and the new motherboard showed the same symptoms as the motherboard that got nuked before. Could it happen that his lan card killed his motherboard?
    And Can nuked motherboard be repaired ? Please answer, anyone

19. Adrian Wong

Keichii, you have to stop double-posting and posting in other people's threads.

Please create your own thread. Thanks!