CONROE GOODNESS!!

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by s p r a n k i k o, Apr 26, 2006.

1. aussie FX

aussie FX Newbie

TOO LATE MY A#%*:haha: I'm off, you guys should be doing political science, not economics:nuts:

There is a problem with marketing/too many profits, when morals get thrown out the window.
    There is a bank in Australia, who today gave a 16yr old boy a credit card with a $5000 limit. That's when I get really angry with it all.
    Which bank?................you ask!

This thread has just got interesting... Although way off topic:boohoo:

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Then good luck finding a company which is not sucking your money with ingenius marketing (which excludes Nvidia, Creative, and Logitech in certain ways...). :mrgreen:

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

All companies (be it big corporations to the little shop down the street) practise some form of marketing to try and win your buck. That is what I enjoy most about business. Marketing, closing a deal, customer service, etc.

When is it enough? Never... :mrgreen: If anyone (you and me included) can continue to make money, would we stop to? It's completely ethical. Whats not ethical is if we did a Enron / Worldcom move. Thats when it's unethical. :mrgreen:

No one should ever feel bad at being good at what they do. Intel is being very aggressive. It's not like they gave PR BS for the conroe. The so called hype is generated by the performance of the availible samples itself.

Heck, I bet you guys hate Doctors, Salesmen, Lawyers, Engineers, Dentists, Accountants, Tech Support, and other professionals because they charge a premium for their services too right? :wicked: Evil..... :faint:

4. :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: Don't you just love a good and healthy discussion? :p ;)

Nah, just marketing guys.... :haha: :haha: :haha: ;)

5. aussie FX

aussie FX Newbie

Life...people....friends are more important than money
    I used to work 65hrs a week stashing cash away like no tomorrow, then one day I woke up!
    I think its got something to do with age. And no it's not a mid life crisis!
    And yes intels marketing dept. is full of PR BS can't you remember the launch of P4 you can't seriously tell me that all the marketing crap they did with that was correct.:mrgreen:
    Just don't beleive everything you hear, these ppl are paid a fortune to put out lies. And they are paid a fortune to help them sleep at night.:wave:

6. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

lol until you read the press releases these companies issue to people like us, you have no idea how deep the PR BS goes. AMD and Intel (all companies actually).. lol.... :lol: If you've read as many white papers (my toilet reading) as I've gone through, you'll get sick of it real fast. And FYI, Hardware Reviewers (others here will attest to that) are the MOST distrusting of PR generated from companies. It's called objectivity and Integrity (my Auditing courses have implemented a deep sense of it with in me.) If you think Intel has a bad PR, wait till you read some of the stuff I read on AMD's stuff... lol.. Made me laugh on the throne.. Nvidia's too. They can make a small thing seem like some sort of messiah. :lol:

Well life, people, and friends have nothing to do with a company making money. It's not like Intel and AMD have peons working around the clock for them.

I don't bite on the PR and marketing stuff. I do however bite on performance figures..

Last edited: May 31, 2006
  7. Chai

I'm in the press long enough to know what's going on. Nvidia has done far worse than what Intel has done (yes, I'm saying this even though we have Nvidia's support).

8. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Hehe...for those who think AMD have never done any evil PR...see attached pdf. :mrgreen:

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  9. aussie FX

aussie FX Newbie

:mrgreen: I work in television and know exactly what marketing BS is.
    We suck up $35,000 for a 20 sec spot on the news - do your sums. So they need a lot of BS (Conversley, a bloody good product) to pay for it!
    Life ,ppl, friends isn't about money, it's about ethics.
    Money (in most cases) doesn't get very ethical!
    This has gone way off topic:beer:

10. *fizz* ...sipping an ice-cold bottle of beer and enjoying the entertainment. :haha: :haha: :haha:

11. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

12. Chai

Until the retail version is out, there's nothing else we can discuss about, really.

13. empire23

empire23 BRB. Attacking Russia

Empire23 liek New Instruction Window, Shared Cache TLB, More ports for the Execution units, more SSE units, native 128bit SSE implementation and superior X87 performance. Plus it isn't that shy an overclocker, hitting speeds only hit by Netburst cores yet retaining a clock for clock performance unmatched even by AMD.

K8L Instruction scheduler rehash with execution unit enhancement should be able to claw it's way up, but really that won't get AMD very far from the details i have right now.

Intel is making a comeback, the winnar? Me. I liek fast Processors.

14. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yea, Commands Per Clock wise, Intel is ahead of AMD right now. :mrgreen:

15. I have to admit that, though. :whistle:

16. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

17. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

conroe arrived yesterday noon :mrgreen:
    but bound by NDA :(

18. Fabulous

Fabulous Newbie

Bring in the FIGHT CLUB. if only there was a crazy dude blowing up the big credit company.

19. Chai

Finally Conroe is out!!! Woohoo!!!

20. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Dang.. The fight will be good! :thumb: