Coolermaster Stacker 810

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by Chai, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Sorry for going off topic, I see that you are using Stacker 810, just want to know what's your opinion on this case. :D

2. No prob!! It has its good points and bad points. First, I like the space very much. It has more than enough room for everything. Although I don't really use that much drives, I still prefer the space because I personally like giving each device room for in-betweens.

I also enjoy very much the 120mm fans that it uses. Compared to my old wavemaster, I am still able to hear a woman wisper to me while in bed... :haha: Just kidding! Man, who would have the nerve to turn his rig on when you're getting it on!!! :haha: :haha: :haha: Anyway, airflow is superb. BIOS reports temps at 31C after restarting my system under full load.

The front USB/1394/audio panel's wirings are very nice. High grade wires, I should say so. Also having a more than adequate length to reach the mobo pins wherever they may be located. Although mine in particular must have something wrong with it because only two of the six USB ports ever worked. This DFI is the fourth mobo to be in this case.

On the down side, I did not appreciate that 4-in-3 device module that you need to be able to install more hard drives. I felt that Coolermaster should have shipped it with a complete set of three. It was a bit of a hassle to have to look for two more. Plus, the locking mechanism for the drives at some points do not lock very well.

This thing is also extremely heavy. Weighs as much as a goodsized TV set. It can break your back or send your toe nails to an early grave if you're not too carefull!! :snooty: :haha:

But other than that, I can't really complain because it was just given to me. :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Hehehehe... anyway, hope that helped!!

3. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

an utter respect for u coz the stacker simply can build muscle if we move much..i can feel my muscle alot bigger nowdays but my stomach muscle(fat) is getting bigger too :haha:

but gotta admit..i hate the bezel..its so hard to remove everytime makes me moarn wen removing it

4. Chai

I've read a number of issues with Stacker which wasn't mentioned by you. A good news I guess. I wanted the 810 solely because of the dual 120mm outlet. But the built quality is not fantastic at that price, in fact, I feel this case is really overpriced. Gigabyte Aurora, not a good looking case, but has better built quality at lower price, even the interior is made of aluminium.

I've been having doubts whether I should get this case. I guess I better split this thread. :D

5. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Come on lah, Stacker 810 is only 10kg :lol:
    The original Stacker was almost twice as heavy I think.

6. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yea. I think its a good case to have some WC going on... :mrgreen:

My case is too cramped for internal units. :cry:

7. Well, I'm not really the "muscular" type. :shhh: :haha: That's why I compensate with all the toys!! :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Kidding aside, the reason why I didn't really nitpick on build quality is that I've only experienced one other "modder" casing besides Coolermaster. And that other casing is an acrylic case. That particular case is nice at first glance but a pain to install components in and a bit hard to do wire management.

I agree that the front bezels of the stacker are quite clumsy. It's also aesthetically dull. I actually loved my wavemaster before. The only reason why I let it go was the terrible airflow. The stacker, on the other hand, won't be an exciting accent piece to any room as far as interior designs go. But it can and does have purposes that it fulfills splendidly. ;)

8. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

if u want a good wc case, you should seriously consider the PC70, or any lian li model that's based on this design (the workstation series e.g. PC7077..etc). the only con is that you will have to mod the case yourself cuz it doesn't 120mm hole.

this is my case (sorry it's quite blurry)
    [​IMG]

I still have enough room for a fan controller, a SB live drive and 2 optical drives (and a secondary PSU if needed). Besides, I do not have to remove my drive cage (I only removed the floppy cage) and best of all, it's almost dust free if you have dust filters (radiator can be kept very clean)

another good case is the V2000. but wiring is PITA.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2006
  9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

LOL. I still remember your huge ass 120mm fans at the bottom... lol...

I want pics of your radiator and shroud.... LOL!!!

10. Chai

Actually there are many huge cases which costs a lot less, but without any modding, there's virtually no water cooling cases, not here. That's why I've never considered Lian Li. 1. Too expensive 2. Additional costs of buying modding tools. 3. Yes, I'm not as LICH as you think!

Stacker 810 is actually above my budget, Aurora is alright except for the 'pregnant' fonrt panel...

11. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Ahahaha, borrowing my terminology now eh :wicked:

12. Aurora looks nice. :thumb:

13. liddokun10

liddokun10 Newbie

First off, an apology for my digression. But i saw this cool mod friendly looking case at lowyat plaza the other day at AllIT. Model is the Aerocool Mastige or something.

I had been using the old CM Stacker. Issues are the size is so large if need efficient cooling, you need the crossflow fan. you need replacement 120mm fans cos the 2 they provide move minimal cfm.

Price of CM Stacker is around RM550 i think

I saw price of Aerocool mastige going for RM285. I'm seriously thinking of switching from my CM AMMO 533 to the Aerocool given the price though my ammo is less than 2 months old.

14. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

my final word is the stacker is a good case..i like the simple look, huge spaces but there is still alot of things can improve on

nuy the new 830 if u like futuristic design :p

15. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

if u like that casing, i would suggest you to get the black unit :haha: :haha:

16. Simple is most of the time better. :thumb:

17. Chai

Yeah...can't find a better word to describe the ugliness. :p