Crysis Warhead

Discussion in 'Games' started by g0tanks, Sep 15, 2008.

1. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

Anyone waiting for this one? I'm considering buying it though i'm afraid the multiplayer is going to be full of hackers like Crysis.. Since the old MP was based on the SP a lot of things are client side and not server side so it could easily be hacked. Although this time it might have better security since the SP and MP have been developer by two separate studios.

2. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

Have you ever been suspecting of hacking just for being too good? Happens to me a lot. It's not my fault 90% of the players are just meatbags begging to be blown apart.

3. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

I do not make someone out for a hacker quickly, but even still there are lots of hackers. For example there are even videos on youtube showing people getting frozen when they enter his crosshair :shock:

4. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

Could you dig the link?

5. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

just got mine. it is cheaper than the first one!

Attached Files:

6. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

Can't find it anymore :/

But yeah I got Warhead today too:

[​IMG]

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

How is Crysis Warhead??

8. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

It seems to be alright.

Phok, do you have any issues with the textures? Seems like they are loading a tad slow for me (I'd walk up to it and then after a while it would start to sharpen).

9. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

can't comment much since i've only played 30mins so far. not seeing anything new or fresh.

Psy: all is good over here. Im running on dx9 mode. on average my framerate is around 35. Dx10 codepath is too much for my 8800GT to crunch :faint:

10. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I'm on DX10 on 'Enthusiast'.

It's like some textures look like utter garbage but then as you sit there or come closer, it sharpens (sorta like the effect Google Earth has when you zoom in).

I'll try some more tonight and see if there are any driver updates or anything.

But maaan I want a 4870 even more now... :lol:

Side note: Just pre-ordered Fallout 3 CE... :thumb:

11. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

omg..should i actually get this game?hmm...how is it guys? nice?

12. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

Happens to me too.

The campaign is pretty nice, i've played half through now and so far I like it more than Crysis. The AI is a bit tougher now too.

As for multiplayer, there are still a lot of bugs, and it crashes a lot. A common bug is spawning underground at the start of a match: YouTube - Crysis Wars Spawn Bug

13. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Ah ok. I guess that is their optimizations then... :lol:

I get some graphics anomalies too. :think: with the fog and their new 'water' effects (reflections were over done).

14. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

I'm getting warhead along with clear sky tomorrow. Guess which one I'm going to install first... :D

15. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

They did "optimize" the game, at the cost of graphics though. People say Crysis doesn't look as nice on very high as it used to be.

Plus, I get a lot of spawn bugs where I spawn underground at the start of the game: YouTube - Crysis Wars Spawn Bug

16. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

I agree. Vanilla Crysis on very high looks more realistic than Warhead on very high. Playing it alongside Stalker: Clear Sky and I must say stalker:cs is like a billion times more fun.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  17. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I just finished it.

It's a lot better than crysis. It's also a lot more intense. The final few chapters was intense (the ending was pretty cool too).

18. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Wow, then it should be a very good buy! So it is a parallel storyline right, not a continuation? :D

19. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah. Concurrent events with Nomad and Prophet. :D

20. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Hmm I see. Man, wish for the continuation! :thumb: