Dashken sent me this e-mail a couple of days ago, asking me what I thought about it. Right away, I knew it was yet another hoax. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out actually - 99% of all such "warning" e-mails are hoaxes. Check it out : Well, since I have a little time today, I thought I would spend a little of it debunking this stupid e-mail. 1. There is NO SUCH STUDY by Princeton. 2. Magnets do NOT produce radiation. 3. Decorative magnets are permanent magnets with rather weak magnetic fields. If you slam your fridge's door hard enough, many will fall off. That's how weak they generally are. 4. The strength of magnetic fields decreases very rapidly with distance. In fact, placing a piece of cardboard between the magnet and the fridge door is usually enough to prevent the magnet from sticking to the door. Therefore, how can decorative magnets have ANY effect on food stored in the refrigerator? Even if you attach a really strong magnet to the fridge door, the magnetic field will not extend far enough into the fridge to affect any food stored inside. Also, magnetic fields have no discernable or permanent effects on the human body. We use extremely large and powerful magnets in MRI machines and barring the presence of magnetic substances in the body (implants, tattoo inks), it's extremely safe to use. Interestingly, refrigerators use magnets to keep the doors closed, and their electric motors have magnets that generate electromagnetic fields. These are certainly closer in distance to the stored food, and stronger than any decorative magnet. Finally, the reason why there is no statement about this "danger" by any government or health authority is because there is NO SUCH DANGER! Don't let this e-mail put a dent in your creativity. Have fun decorating your fridge door with decorative magnet!