Definitive Review of the ABIT NF7-S nForce2 Motherboard

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by peaz, Jan 29, 2003.

1. chris_x

chris_x Newbie

I'm using the NF7s rev2.0, and to achieve dual DDR performance, dimm1/dimm2 is on a single memory controller, where dimm3 is on the other.

From the board, you could see dimm1+2 are paired further than dimm3. Therefore, you need to utilize both controller to achieve dual ddr. You need to slot in dimm1+3 or dimm2+3 then.

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hello Magneto,

Thanks for the link. I can't seem to load it. It keeps timing out. I guess it's my dialup again. Will have to wait till I get back to my broadband connection...

In any case, please don't feel bad! :)

It's not a case of providing anyone right or wrong. Facts are facts. If DIMM1+2 are sharing one controller while DIMM3 is on a separate controller, then that's the truth! :)

I will check it out as soon as I can and if the results are correct, I sincerely apologize to everyone (please help me pass the message along) and will immediately correct the review. There's nothing worse than an inaccurate review, IMHO!

Of course, whatever the results show, I owe you (and everyone else who participated in the discussion) a BIG thank you for helping me clear it up! Thanks! :D