Dell 1704FPT or 1905FP?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by Adrian Wong, Feb 13, 2005.

1. The holy grail of flat panel monitors the 2001FP can be purchased for around $490US shipped.

Otherwise think of how you are going to use it...

If it's 90% for gaming cost wise the 1704FPT would be an OK choice. It responded very nicely, it just looked hazy in windows, the contrast wasn't as sharp.

The 1905FPV is great for windows and movies, but the responce time is slower so you may notice some ghosting in fast games.

the 2001FP is awesome for everything

2. TechZ

TechZ Newbie

3. biatche

biatche Newbie

well then, meaning... simply to say... this isn't the best time to get a new LCD, am i wrong?

4. you just need to do what suits you best, shop for a deal, find something with specs you want and go for it. I waited for months, then I got a wicked deal on my 1704FPVs monitors for home. THey suck for gaming (25ms) but 99.999% of the time I am working in windows on them and do not care. I have my Xbox hooked up to a CRT and I can easily switch the CRT to my PC if I need to play a little ;)

There will always be something better around the corner lowering prices, creating awe. If you live your life like that you would never buy anything, you would just keeep waiting and waiting...

1 person likes this.
  5. biatche

biatche Newbie

what a pile of suck. and the 1905FP is pretty expensive here in malaysia right now... blah.

6. TechZ

TechZ Newbie

so true, thats why if I see something that I can afford, best to buy it now, rather than wait and wait and wait. The prices never stop falling and new models come out. Might as well buy it now, unless you know a show/sale coming soon ;)