Dell Inspiron 14 7447?

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by atwl77, Sep 25, 2014.

1. wwicked

wwicked Newbie

Inspiron 14 7447 vs Inspiron 15 7537

How's the Inspiron 15 7537 so far? I'm still choosing between the two.

At base price, 14 7447's more expensive but is more powerful than the 15 7537. However, the chassis of the 15 7537 is luring me in-- the size, the expanded keyboard (I'll be using autocad a lot and I guess that's helpful), the silver aluminum finish.

I have to upgrade the 15 7537 so much (that might be a lot of money) just to closely match the specs of the 14 7447. [They can be compared in the Dell Philippines website]

But even with the best video card and processor upgrade for the 15 7537 (NVIDIA® GeForce® GT750M 2GB GDDR5; 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4500U processor 3M Cache, up to 3.0 GHz), it still doesn't match the NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 850M 4GB dedicated graphics and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4710HQ Processor 6M Cache, up to 3.50 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology of the 14 7447.

I honestly don't know much about computers. I just look at the numbers. Help with comparing? I need this in a week.

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. You are sure you cannot wait until next month, when Intel launches the Broadwell-based 5th Generation Core processors?

If you do AutoCAD a lot, why not just get the Inspiron 14, which is more powerful, and pair it with a large monitor and USB keyboard and mouse?

That's what I do now, which allows for fantastic productivity while at the desktop, while allowing me to pack up and use the notebook when I travel.

3. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

You could wait for Skylake, but Intel could pull another generational skip like they did with the Haswell Refresh. After all, they don't really have significant competition from AMD.

I could be wrong, of course, but I think most Malaysians will want to upgrade to Broadwell because of the upcoming GST tax. Since Broadwell is the latest processor before GST is implemented, they will go for that instead of waiting for Skylake.

5. keratin4

keratin4 Newbie

I'm planning to apply a new thermal paste and I know those two big squares are the CPU and GPU and I just want to ask why you pointed that little one and do I have to put thermal paste or thermal tape on it?