Desktop CPU Comparison Guide!

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I don't get what you are saying :roll: If you are wondering why some of the supported instruction set are gone, PLEASE go through the whole page to find this:

Please at least show me links to any sources that supports your info. All you do is saying "Oh this is wrong. Oh that is wrong. Oh many are wrong" and you expect me to just correct everything according to what you said?

As for the Pentium !!!/III thing, I'm working on it now.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  2. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Thanks for the reminder/providing the info too :thumb: +rep

There are just too many of them until I can't keep track of where I found each of them :haha:

Just finished updating it. Now have to wait for it to be posted.

3. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

oh thx... seems like i'm one of the active few who keeps track of all these stuffs in the comparison guides..

actually i think P3= PIII= P!!!

anyway, IA32 is not an "instruction set" but rather an "instruction set architecture":
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IA-32

4. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Well they are they same, but the official name used by Intel is III, so I changed them all to III... :|

5. brajko2

brajko2 Newbie

I was just wondering from where did you get info's about all of those Intel processors?
    http://processorfinder.intel.com or http://www.cpu-world.com ?
    Since I saw some info that maybe isn't all that correct. But then again, who does garantee that cpu-world has the correct info.. :)

6. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

ok, that one not realli important i guess..

well, u've gotta google n search for more info..
    intel or amd official site doesnt tell u everything, or else they wouldnt be making this guide.. make sense?

7. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Hmm... where are the newer Celeron D with 512K cache? The 65nm versions are only two there... :D

8. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Desktop CPU Comparison Guide Rev. 3.4

There are so many CPU models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different models or even remember their specifications.

Therefore, we decided to compile this guide to provide an easy reference for those who are interested in comparing the specifications of the various desktop CPUs in the market, as well as those already obsolescent or obsolete.

Currently covering over 590 desktop CPUs, this comprehensive comparison will allow you to easily compare up to 18 different specifications for each and every CPU.

Here are the updates:-
    [​IMG]

Link : Desktop CPU Comparison Guide Rev. 3.4

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  9. myrandex

myrandex Newbie

I am pretty sure that the Clawhammer specs are wrong as I am 99% sure that they included NXBit as well.

10. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Only the CG stepping supports NX-bit.

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Desktop CPU Comparison Guide Rev. 3.5

There are so many CPU models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different models or even remember their specifications.

Therefore, we decided to compile this guide to provide an easy reference for those who are interested in comparing the specifications of the various desktop CPUs in the market, as well as those already obsolescent or obsolete.

Currently covering over 590 desktop CPUs, this comprehensive comparison will allow you to easily compare up to 18 different specifications for each and every CPU.

[​IMG]

Link : Desktop CPU Comparison Guide Rev. 3.5

12. indiovespa

indiovespa Newbie

where multiplier comes from??

hi...
    that´s a great list, very useful...
    where multiplier in performance grid comes from???
    thanks a lot
    Guido

13. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Multiplier is just a multiplier which determines the final CPU clock speed, multiplying the FSB.

14. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Desktop CPU Comparison Guide Rev. 3.6

[​IMG]

Link : Desktop CPU Comparison Guide Rev. 3.6

15. rocketmen2k5

rocketmen2k5 Newbie

Where is the Opteron brand?

16. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

17. Sahaloka

Sahaloka Newbie

18. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Desktop CPU Comparison Guide Rev. 4.2

Currently covering over 600 desktop CPUs, this comprehensive comparison will allow you to easily compare up to 18 different specifications for each and every CPU.

[​IMG]

Link : Desktop CPU Comparison Guide Rev. 4.2

19. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

20. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Okay! :D

Darn, no idea how I missed that! :doh: