Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by peaz, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Cygni

Cygni Newbie

The Radeon 9250 is clocked at 240 core and 400 (200mhz DDR) mem. That makes it a 960MTexels part, with 6.4gb of Mem bandwidth. Info care of Newegg. :)

2. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Thanks for the info! :mrgreen:

3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

The guide has just been updated! :wave:

Covering over 180 desktop graphics cards, this comprehensive comparison allows you to easily compare 14 different specifications for each and every card! If you need to find out about the specification of any card, just come over and check out our Desktop Graphics Comparison Guide!

We hope it will prove to be a useful reference. We will keep this guide updated regularly so do check back for the latest updates!

Here are the updates:-

- Added the NVIDIA GeForce 6800 LE and GeForce FX5900 ZT cards.
    - Added the ATI Radeon X700 card.
    - Corrected mistakes in the Vertex Pipeline specifications of the ATI Radeon X800 series.
    - Total cards : 192

[​IMG]

Link : The Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 6.2!

4. News Writer

News Writer News Writer

Covering over 190 desktop graphics cards, this comprehensive comparison allows you to easily compare 14 different specifications for each and every card! If you need to find out about the specification of any card, just come over and check out our Desktop Graphics Comparison Guide!

We hope it will prove to be a useful reference. We will keep this guide updated regularly so do check back for the latest updates!

- Added the AIW ATI Radeon DDR card.
    - Added the NVIDIA GeForce PCX 5900 card.
    - Added the S3 Delta Chrome S4 Pro card.
    - Added the Trident section.
    - Added the SiS Xabre II card.
    - Added the Architecture specifications for all SiS cards.
    - Added the Architecture specifications for Matrox Marvel G100, G200, G400, G400 Max, Matrox Millenium G450 & G550 cards.
    - Added the Architecture specifications for Power VR Kyro, Kyro II & Kyro II SE cards.
    - Added the Architecture specifications for 3dfx Voodoo 1, Voodoo 3, Voodoo 4 & Voodoo 5.
    - Added the Architecture specifications for ATI Radeon LE card.
    - Added the Memory Bandwidth specifications for the NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 LE card.
    - Added the Architecture & Transistor Count specifications for ATI Radeon VE card.
    - Added the Transistor Count specifications for the ATI Radeon X300 and X600 card series.
    - Added the Memory Speed & Memory Bandwidth specifications for 3dfx Voodoo Banshee card.
    - Updated the Pixel Shader Version specifications for the ATI Radeon X700 & X800 card series.
    - Corrected the Vertex Pipeline specifications for the GeForce 6600 card series.
    - Corrected the ATI Radeon X700 card specifications.
    - Corrected the Memory Bandwidth specifications for ATI Radeon DDR card.
    - Corrected the Transistor Count Specifications for the ATI Radeon X800 card series.
    - Corrected the Memory Speed & Memory Bandwidth Specifications for S3 Delta Chrome S4 card.
    - Total cards : 199

[​IMG]

Link : The Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 7.0!

5. News Writer

News Writer News Writer

Covering over 200 desktop graphics cards, this comprehensive comparison allows you to easily compare 14 different specifications for each and every card! If you need to find out about the specification of any card, just come over and check out our Desktop Graphics Comparison Guide!

- Added the ATI Radeon X700 Pro card.
    - Added the ATI Radeon X700 XT card.
    - Updated the Core & Memory specifications for the ATI Radeon X700 card.
    - Corrected the Memory Speed specifications for the SiS Xabre 80 card.
    - Corrected the Vertex Pipeline specifications for the NVIDIA GeForce 6800 LE & GeForce 6800 card.
    - Corrected the Memory Bus Width & Memory Bandwidth specifications for the ATI Radeon X800 SE card.
    - Updated the Memory Bus Width & Memory Type specifications for the SiS Xabre 80 card.
    - Total cards : 201

[​IMG]

Link : The Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 7.1!

6. red_martians

red_martians Newbie

Hi i'm new!!
    And someone had linked me to this site!
    And I have found a lot of sppky things in the graphic-section!
    First of all... Why SiS XabreII, It's the same as XGI Volari V5/V8
    Radeon7000 could never have the same transistor-acount as its big-brother Radeon7200!
    Geforce2 Ti200 did, like all other Geforce2's have 0.18micron chip. (not 0.15)
    3dfx Voodoo 5 5500 have 5.2GB/s in memory-bandwith
    3dfx Voodoo 5 6000 have 10.4GB/s in memory-bandwith
    All VSA-100-chip are on 0.25micron-technic. not 0.22
    The 3dfx Velocity are just a cut.down Voodoo3, and it's like the others on 0,25micron-technic.
    All nVidia TNT2's are NV5 and not NV6 (NV6 had never excist)

And i can't find some of the most modern cards!

eks.
    XGI Volari V3XT on the XGI XG42-chip
    XGI Volari V5XT on the XGI XG41-chip
    Matrox Parhelia
    Matrox P650
    Matrox P750

I hope I could be helpfull!!

7. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

welcome red_martians :wave:
    hmmm .. yes thats very helpful
    i do agree that all TNT 2 are NV5
    but the VANTA are NV6
    vanta is based on TNT2 ..
    so sometimes it called Nvidia Vanta or Nvidia TNT2 Vanta

Those Matrox cards you mention are in the Workstation Graphics Card Comparison Guide

1 person likes this.
  8. red_martians

red_martians Newbie

Okay thanks.... Whan i open a nvidia-drivers tekst-file. The TNT2 Vanta is listet as af NV5-part
    NVIDIA_NV05.DEV_0028.1 = "NVIDIA RIVA TNT2/TNT2 Pro"
    NVIDIA_NV05.DEV_002C.1 = "NVIDIA Vanta/Vanta LT"
    Maybe its a driver-thing, but thats the way I find the name NV5 to vanta :eh:

Is the Geforce5500 on 0.14micron?? I thought it was on 0.15 like other NV34-chips!?
    I also find it strange, that you call the Geforce6800Ultra NV40U as it is the exact same chip as the NV40.

9. red_martians

red_martians Newbie

The SiS Xabre 600 use af vertexshader known as Vertexlizer. It's a Vertexshader 1.0 and 1.1part :D
    Matrox... It's only the TV-series theres known as Marvel.
    All The Matrox cards you have listet, is Millenium cards, not marvels. ;)

10. zy

hmmmm .. Vanta seems very confusing ... drivers indicate nv5 .. but some sources incidated nv6 & nv5 ... hard to determine. . maybe different revision/batch of chips ?4

11. red_martians

red_martians Newbie

The only difference i know between the vanta and ordinary TNT2. Is that the Vanta and M64 have 64bit ram and the normal TNT2 have 128bit ram. :? I'm pretty sure, that the Vanta isn't more different from the TNT2, than the 9600SE and 9600.

12. red_martians

red_martians Newbie

13. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Thanks for providing so many infos :mrgreen:
    I'm still having my trials but I'll try to update the guide ASAP :)

14. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Covering over 200 desktop graphics cards, this comprehensive comparison allows you to easily compare 14 different specifications for each and every card! If you need to find out about the specification of any card, just come over and check out our Desktop Graphics Comparison Guide!

• Added the XGI Volari V3XT card.
      [*]Added the S3 DeltaChrome S3 card.
      [*]Added the S3 OmniChrome S4 card.
      [*]Added the Pixel Shader Version specifications for the XGI Volari V3 card.
      [*]Added the Transistor Count specifications for the 3dfx Voodoo 4 4500, Voodoo 5 5500 & Voodoo 5 6000 card.
      [*]Added the Transistor Count specifications for the XGI Volari V3, Volari V3XT, Volari V8, Volari V8 Ultra, Volari Duo V5 Ultra, Volari Duo V8 Ultra card.
      [*]Updated the memory bus width specification for the XGI Volari V3 card.
      [*]Updated the Architecture specifications for the ATI Radeon 9550 series.
      [*]Updated the Architecture specifications for the ATI Radeon 9600 series.
      [*]Updated the Memory Type specifications for the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256-bits card.
      [*]Corrected the Architecture specifications for the NVIDIA TNT2 card series.
      [*]Corrected the Vertex Pipeline specifications for the NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 series, GeForce FX 5800 series, GeForce FX 5900 series & GeForce FX 5950 Ultra card.
      [*]Corrected the Architecture specifications for all the XGI cards.
      [*]Total cards : 204

[​IMG]

Link : Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 7.2!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2004
  15. News Writer

News Writer News Writer

• Added the NVIDIA GeForce 6200.
      [*]Added the XGI Volari Z7.
      [*]Corrected the Architecture specifications again for all the XGI cards.
      [*]Corrected the Memory Bandwidth specifications for the 3dfx Voodoo 5 5500, Voodoo 5 6000, ATI Rage Fury MAXX, XGI Volari Duo V5 Ultra, Volari Duo V8 Ultra
      [*]Corrected the Pixel/Texture Pipelines specifications for the 3dfxx Voodoo 2, Voodoo 2 SLI/X24, Voodoo 3 2000, Voodoo 3 3000 & Voodoo 3 3500.
      [*]Total cards : 206

[​IMG]

Link : Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 7.3!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2004
  16. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

hey, I wonder is it possible for you guys to include the current price whever you update these guides. I know the price is different among various vender and manufactures, but an approximate of the price would also be good to give potential buyer an idea of the performance vs price ratio

17. zy

I think that would be rather difficult ..
    because some cards are outdated .. some card cant be found in certain areas ..
    different countries also migh have different price.. so as different places..

so its rather difficult to do so i guess ?..

18. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yup, that's the problem if we include prices. We are also not including prices into our reviews for the same reason, unless we can only purchase it online.

19. Viper007Bond

Viper007Bond Newbie

20. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

It is not possible :mrgreen: The prices change very fast and some of the cards are outdated, like what they had said ;)