Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by peaz, Mar 30, 2004.

1. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

I understand the difficulties but have a reference of the price (I just think the current market price (whenver you guys update the list), or have an online market that can automatically link the price (it maybe a good idea to have big online retailer, such as newegg to be your sponser). Then it will be a good list with price/performance. I am looking for a card but just so lazy have to browse through lots of sites with review and prices. so annoying. I really love to see the card put on side by side, like yours.
    Just a thought, not neccessary asking to included.

1 person likes this.
  2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

That's possible, actually. We just have to figure out the best price search engine to partner with.

Maybe PriceGrabber? Or Pricewatch.. :think:

3. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

i think both pricegrabber and pricewatch do offer the listing for the cheapest graphic card among the company that list on their site.
    I think you could do better by hook up with a big online retailer and have their price listed on your site (they could offer a small discount for the direct link from your website if whoever reads these list click the link). That way, you will get people look the list and if they want to buy, they know that by clicking the link they will get cheaper price and potentially it will help both the site and the retailer.

4. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

The guide has just been updated! :wave:

Covering over 200 desktop graphics cards, this comprehensive comparison allows you to easily compare 14 different specifications for each and every card! If you need to find out about the specification of any card, just come over and check out our Desktop Graphics Comparison Guide!

We hope it will prove to be a useful reference. We will keep this guide updated regularly so do check back for the latest updates!

Here are the updates:-

• Added the ATI Radeon X800 & Radeon X800 XL
    • Added the ATI Radeon X850 Pro, Radeon X850 XT & Radeon X850 XT PE card.
    • Updated the NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 Memory Bus Width & Memory Bandwidth specifications.
    • Total cards: 211

[​IMG]

Link : Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 7.4!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  5. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

THAT'S fast updating the new cards, some are not even in the market yet :thumb:

6. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

lol. good job.

7. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

LoL! :mrgreen: tried my best ;)

8. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

yeah. new updates.

9. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

hmm. just wondering, is xgi dead now?

10. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

max, is 5900xt default core clock is 400mhx? why most of the card stock clocked at 390mhz?

11. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I think Nvidia actually increased the official clock speed of the 5900XT :think:

12. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

i guess nvidia was just trying to make their card look better in benchies.

13. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

thx for the info though.

14. Xantar666

Xantar666 Newbie

Hello. I excuse myself already for my errors of English (I am French). :wave:

I was registered on the forum because me also for some time, I gather information on the graphics boards and I noticed an error in the graphics boards XGI Volari.

The top-of-the-range VPU Volari have an architecture of form 8x1 and not of 8x2. They do not have two units of texturing per pipeline. :)

Their FillRate is thus twice less significant than noted it to you. :roll:

Your data base is very significant. There are very many graphics boards like that of the late 3DFX.

But I would like you bring my research.
    ATi Radeon

NVidia GeForce page 1
    NVidia GeForce page 2

And XGI Volari

I know that is not complete, but what I did until now.

Can they be useful for you.

If you want of the assistance or even a simple word, I leave you my mail: :arrow: xantar666 At Hotmail.com

I wish good road with the forum and good Year with all. :beer:

15. bug

bug Newbie

? omission

In the rev 7.4 desktop gpu comparison there seems to be an omission in the GF6600 series. You list the 6600GT with 16GB/s bandwidth, but list the normal 6600 as n/a. Well if one is interested in comparing the differences between the GT vs the normal, one would think seeing the difference in bandwidth would factor re the 500MHz ddr3 and 300MHz ddr memory speeds.
    Since the GT can be $180 (128MB) and $260 for the OC GT, comparing that to the cheaper $115 GF6600 would seem to be a valid issue.
    edit: somehow i got a bogus my contact apended to this post?

16. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

The GeForce 6600 doesn't have an official memory clock speed. :mrgreen:

17. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I can't seem to open the pictures :think:

18. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 7.5!

Covering over 200 desktop graphics cards, this comprehensive comparison allows you to easily compare 14 different specifications for each and every card! If you need to find out about the specification of any card, just come over and check out our Desktop Graphics Comparison Guide!

We hope it will prove to be a useful reference. We will keep this guide updated regularly so do check back for the latest updates!

• Added the Transistor Count specifications for the ATI Radeon X700, Radeon X700 Pro & Radeon X700 XT card.
    • Added the Transistor Count specifications for the ATI Radeon X800 & Radeon X800XL card.
    • Added the Transistor Count specifications for the ATI Radeon X850 Pro, Radoen X850 XT & Radeon X850 XT PE.
    • Added the Transistor Count specifications for the NVIDIA GeForce 6200 card.
    • Added the Architecture specifications for the NVIDIA GeForce 6200 card.

[​IMG]

Link : Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 7.5!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2005
  19. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 8.0 Posted!

Covering over 210 desktop graphics cards, this comprehensive comparison allows you to easily compare 14 different specifications for each and every card! If you need to find out about the specification of any card, just come over and check out our Desktop Graphics Comparison Guide!

• Added the ATI Radeon X700 LE and 740 XL cards.
    • Added the ATI AIW Radeon 9600 and AIW Radeon X800 XT cards.
    • Added the NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GTO card.
    • Added the S3 DeltaChrome S8 ULP card.
    • Corrected the Architecture specifications for ATI Radeon X850 Pro, Radeon X850 XT & Radeon X850 XT PE.
    • Added the Architecture specifications for S3 DeltaChrome S3, S4, S4 Pro, S8, S8 Nitro, F1 & OmniChrome S4.
    • Added the Manufacturing Process, Vertex Pipelines & Pixel Pipelines specifications for S3 OmniChrome S4.
    • Total cards : 217

[​IMG]

Link : Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 8.0!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005
  20. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 9.0!

Covering over 220 desktop graphics cards, this comprehensive comparison allows you to easily compare 15 different specifications for each and every card! If you need to find out about the specification of any card, just come over and check out our Desktop Graphics Comparison Guide!

• Added a new Interface specification.
    • Added the ATI Radeon X800GT and X800 STD cards.
    • Added the NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT and 7800 GTX cards.
    • Added the ATI Radeon X300 SE HyperMemory 128MB (32MB) and Radeon X300 SE HyperMemory 256MB (128MB) cards.
    • Added the NVIDIA GeForce 6200 TurboCache 128MB (16MB), GeForce 6200 TurboCache 128MB (32MB) and GeForce 6200 TurboCache 256MB (64MB) cards.
    • Added the S3 GammaChrome S18 CE, GammaChrome S18 PRO, and GammaChrome S18 Nitro.

[​IMG]

Link : Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 9.0!