DFI RD600

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by Papercut, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

It's coming! :wicked: :wicked: :wicked:

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=5127

Sexy board, good price. Me wants one... :drool:

2. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

DFI board usually nice only if it works:). they can be picky and sometimes troublesome if it's not using the right components.

3. sbrehm72255

sbrehm72255 Newbie

DFI boards rock, I love them.........;) Odds are that my next board will be DFI as well.

4. marlboromi

marlboromi Newbie

i wouldnt if i was u

manly this statement is do to political reason in the cpu world

i wound t recommend using this not that not a good looking bored or any thing

this manly has to do with the fact that Intel dosesnt want this bored even out which mean little to no support and possible incompatibility with new releases from intel

granted dfi makes the board ati did the chipset but they still need intel to help support it and that wont happen

unfortunitly the amd purchase of ati left Intel in a bit a situation wear they would be hading over information of upcoming new technology to the enemy before its release so Intel has taking a new route and no longer will be concern with making any thing with the thought of ati or nvida in mind any more instead Intel has partner with some unknown company and hired a ton of people from the graphic chip design world to begin there own project so this board really will be worthless in about 2 to 3 months and Intel has stated they will not add in the releasing of info to add in it support

i am sure some 1 will disagree but there is only 1 company making this board off that chip set for a reason

1 person likes this.
  5. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Valid points, although apparently Asus were working on an RD600 board as well - it was supposed to be released before DFI's but I haven't heard any word of it yet :shifty:

The way I see it though, chipsets for LGA775 seem to have a pretty short life anyway. Most Core 2 boards on the market now are also expected to support Kentsfield - but beyond that? Nothing is certain even for Intel's 945/965/975 chipsets, at least not that I have heard.

I can't speak for everyone but personally I don't keep my hardware around for very long, so even if this chipset doesn't support any other new CPUs...it doesn't bother me a great deal. Look at the current S939 situation that we've been talking about on this forum. 939 isn't worth holding onto anymore - CPUs are scarce and Core 2 is so much better. Chai and myself intended to upgrade to X2s somewhere along the line but it never happened. Might as well just sell it all and move on :mrgreen:

Btw, welcome to ARP :wave:

6. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

I think Intel is plannig for a brand new platform at 2008 (new socket, new chipset and also ddr3). So I guess it still got like 1 years for the 775

7. werty316

werty316 Newbie

Lets hope so as I have some DDR2 memory wait for its new LGA775 home next year.

8. fguerro

fguerro Newbie

Wow! Sounds like it will definitely be a rare bird (or collector's item) with a comment like: "DFI claims this will be the last ATI/AMD chipset for an Intel motherboard -- at least as far as its roadmaps are concerned." Heck, I don't know of any other design wins with any other using this chipset. Either way, I hope it OCs well. It would be a bit of irony if it can wrestle away the OC potential of the competing Nvidia 680i-based mobos. :dance:

9. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Last edited: Dec 12, 2006
  10. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

11. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

saw the review, man it looks like a good board, specially considering the power usage of the 680i and the sata problem.

12. werty316

werty316 Newbie

Even though it took forever to get released it looks like it was worth the wait based on AnandTech.com's impresssions.

13. empire23

empire23 BRB. Attacking Russia

Question is now, just like when it comes to all DFI boards is, when is it going to reach our shores?