Did NASA accidentally 'nuked' Jupiter?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by lung, Nov 21, 2003.

1. lung

lung Just Started

http://www.enterprisemission.com/NukingJupiter.html
    :shock:

EDIT: Forgot to add the link :lol:

2. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

I wouldn't say "nuke". Its more of a controlled collision with the planet.

Besides, I think that NASA did what it did with a purpose. Or else why would they crash a multi-million dollar space faring probe.

Fun? I doubt it.

3. Brian

Brian Newbie

lol, if it implodes, then why will fission happen? wouldn't it be fusion? :?

and the reason they threw it into the planet was the fear that it contained earth bacteria and might contaminate jupiter's moons which have been earmarked for possible alien life

4. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Irresponsible! What if there is life there???????? :snooty:

5. Brian

Brian Newbie

in jupiter itself? :nuts:
    the atmospheric pressure there will kill anything......and land in jupiter is a 70,000km plunge from the surface(atmosphere), if i remember correctly

europa is earmarked to have life, it has underground pools of water apparently

6. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Kill life? Kill human maybe. Why does human always think that if the place is not liveable to human, that place will be without life? :think: :snooty:

7. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Everything That R C Hogland guy says is bullshi*! He is allways on coast to coast am ( an all night talk show on the radio nationwide). :wall: :nuts:

8. Brian

Brian Newbie

if you said jupiter's moons, i'll believe but not jupiter itself, heck, there's no sunlight, temps are -100c probably at the ground there

9. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I don't know about the physics... but I do know that if this Jacco van der Worp is correct, Jupiter would have blown itself to bits by now. Nah... :haha: :haha: :haha:

10. lung

lung Just Started

Well I believe alien lifeforms can exist in whatever environment there are... Even if it's not habitable to humans. There's this thing call evolution... It can take place and makes a lifeform live ANYWHERE.

Yes, I am a fan of Star Control II :lol:

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yup, even in liquid form or even air. :thumb:

12. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

Agreed. As long as the ingredients for life is around, it will definitely start and evolve.

This is on the assumption that the theory of evolution is the correct theory.