Did u know that...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by athlonxp, Dec 3, 2003.

1. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

DYKT: I'm in a sucky period of life?
    DYKT: I have exams, assignments, SEVERE lack of sleep, constant pressure to perform, commitments, and studies to cope with?
    DYKT: I'm still smiling through it all?
    DYKT: The four words you need to know in life is ATTITUDE IS A CHOICE?
    DYKT: I choose not to complain and live it through and be happy? :mrgreen: :thumb: :beer:

2. acedriver

acedriver Just Started

DYKT: Mount St. Helens has blew its top!

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Huh.. Are you sure? I have no problem working on my main PC even when I burn at 8X. :think:

DYKT : Even my Toshiba M30's slow 4,200 RPM hard disk can sustain a MINIMUM sustained transfer rate of 15.9MB/s and that's at the innermost track. Its average sustained transfer rate is 23.5MB/s.

DYKT : If you have a 5,400 RPM or faster RPM hard disk, you should have no problem burning DVDs at 12X.

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

DYKT: I know that, but you mis understood me?

DYKT: I'm talking about multitasking and burning DVD at the same time? It's virtually impossible for me to do my usual work and burn DVD at the same time without kicking in the BURN PROOF?

5. acedriver

acedriver Just Started

DYKT: Juve beat Real... again :mrgreen:

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

dykt
    i'm happy and disappointed at the same time at my spm results?

7. Adrian Wong

DYKT : I know what you are talking about? :mrgreen:

DYKT : I can do my work while it's burning at 8X. The drive's onboard buffer remained above 95% all the time. But maybe you were doing "heavy duty" stuff. Hehe...

DYKT : You can mitigate the problem by adjusting the cache size. Therefore, zy can circumvent any read problems by increasing the cache to a very large size (150MB+?).

8. Jet

Jet Just Started

DYKT: I let my parents down. :(
    DYKT: They are so disappointed with me.. :(
    DYKT: I am so disappointed with myself.. :(

9. Chai

DYKT: The slightest HDD activity will almost certainly cause the drive to activate burn proof, and that includes merely switching apps by alternate tabbing! :shock: Maybe my HDD is really slow...

10. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

DYKT: Its not important... College is so forget what you got in high school...
    DYKT: I dun understand why most malaysians put so much pressure on an overhyped exam... :nuts:

11. Adrian Wong

Huh.. Are you sure?? :shock:

DYKT : I've been burning DVDs at 4X on my notebook while working and surfing the Net.. as well as DVDs at 8X on my desktop while working there too. I never saw the buffer even dropping below 95%. :think:

12. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

:think: maybe because you have 1GB of RAM :think:

me if i do some stuff.. like opening My Computer .. i can see the buffer drop for while :think:

13. Adrian Wong

DYKT : You can increase the RAM buffer in Nero to compensate for that? ;)

14. Jet

Jet Just Started

DYKT: You need good result to apply for scholarship..

15. Chai

DYKT: I have 1GB of RAM too and that still happens...
    DYKT: There's a 'bug' there the buffer level never drop until it hits 50% and you will see a sudden drop! Happens on my other Liteon drive too...

16. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

DYKT: My PC is getting really unstable recently?
    DYKT: I think it's because one of the ram module is dying :lol:

17. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

DYKT: i get RM for the As i get in SPM :wicked: what should i buy? :wicked:

18. hyper_raider

hyper_raider shutdown -h now

DYKT: there are other private colleges that will give u full scholarships for that kind of results. And if you work hard you probably can get a full scholarship at some university, hopefully outside the country.

19. GarPhreak

GarPhreak Newbie

DYKT: I know what that shirt is? A Nike! :thumb:

DYKT: I don't understand how that makes him lucky? :confused:

DYKT: I really respect you, PsYkHoTiK? :thumb:

DYKT: I sympathize with you Jet, but don't let that bring you down! It's really not the end of the road... Life's too short to dwell on dissapointments!
    DYKT: Now you should find out what college/university you can get into with your above average results? :thumb: Just like hyper_raider mentioned! ;)
    DYKT: Sometimes I really need to listen to my own advice? Sigh...

DYKT: That depends on how much RM you're getting? :wicked:
    DYKT: I think you should give me a cut for answering? :nuts: :haha:

DYKT: For some strange reason, every ARP Forum page I load has been prompting me to install the Japanese Language Pack? :wall:
    DYKT: I finally relented even tho' I really wasnt planning on installing ANY Language Pack? :nuts:
    DYKT: I just found out I can't anyway since I don't have an original XP installation cd? :haha:
    DYKT: This is probably the longest post in this thread... :twisted:

1 person likes this.
  20. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

DYKT: I think my mom's going to give me some RMs too :wicked: :haha: