Did u know that...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by athlonxp, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

DYKT : You have also not attended our BBQ??? :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Thanks!:thumb:

But I don't have long breaks - I might need to go back to my uni to work and get some pocket money while waiting for other further education opportunities. :haha:

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

DYKT: He is our new FFK King? :thumb:

4. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Don't like that la... next round, I sure come man! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :hug:

5. Adrian Wong

I'll believe you when I see you. :hand:

6. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Don't worry... I'll IM or call you first. :mrgreen:

7. Chai

DYKT: I can make a lot of money betting Dashken will not make it to our gathering? :haha:

8. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Ok, when's the next gathering? :mrgreen:

9. Adrian Wong

Tomorrow! :twisted:

10. The_YongGrand

Wow, you are really dragging him there quick, with or without the party! :haha:

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Juru Auto-City? :mrgreen: :haha:

12. Adrian Wong

My place!!! :twisted:

13. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

You also siao one... :nuts:

Now having a dilemma. There's a internal position @ my company which I'm very interested in. It's just an extension of what I'm doing now. Meaning... if someone is hired for that position, then I'd have nothing to do anymore, maybe will be placed doing helpdesk stuffs or handling customer's image creation stuffs. Discussed with my colleagues a few weeks back and heard bad reviews from them regarding that position. So, I hesitated.

My colleague who said he was not really interested in that position is now interested. :wall:

And he's applying. :wall: :wall:

And he's more qualified than me as in most things I know now, he taught me. :wall: :wall: :wall:

Now... having dilemma whether I should try my luck and apply as well. Coz if his application is successful, I'd most likely be taking over his stuffs... doing web seminar, handling customer issues, etc. which I know I'll hate. And when there's no where to go, resign will be the only way out. But 2-month notice... waaa... can die... dilemma dilemma... should have applied when he wasn't interested!!! :wall: :wall: :wall: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :doh: :doh: :doh:

14. Adrian Wong

DYKT : You should expand your horizons... Look beyond your company.

DYKT : Sometimes you should consider jumping to another company if your options in the current place are limited, or you are at a dead-end.

15. The_YongGrand

Damn that sucked... Hope you find a better job too...:faint:

DYKT: i'm stuck whether i want to take Masters... or work! :faint:

16. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Just applied for the position and see how it goes... if things turn bad as I expected, then will be moving on. But let's see first. Hey... I'm just 17 months into my current job. Would prefer to make it till 24 months if possible. :mrgreen:
    Yeahh... it certainly sucks. But what to do... I hesitated when the opportunity came up... :boohoo:

17. The_YongGrand

I know the feeling. Well, try to uh... "hold it" until when you reach 24-months of time in your workplace. If working inside a company for a short period and then move to another, the resume isn't going to be good, as it may give an impression "hopping". :faint:

Me... still stuck. I'll do some work with my supervisor first and send a journal while I'm deciding. :whistle:

18. Adrian Wong

DYKT : They will only get a bad impression of you hopping if you actually hop every year or so, but AFAIK, Dashken's hardly that kind.

DYKT : There's a lot more job opportunities here in PJ/KL if you are willing to move! :twisted:

19. Chai

Definitely very true, but he has to consider the additional living costs.

DYKT: I'm going to Bali tomorrow? :dance:

20. Adrian Wong

DYKT : That's very true. Living costs here are much higher than in Penang. :(

DYKT : I haven't been to Bali before?? :wall:

DYKT : I really hope to see your pictures when you get back. Have a great time at Bali!!!