Discuss about Proton here!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by lung, Mar 4, 2004.

1. mahakanjus

mahakanjus Newbie

saw a Proton Savvy about 20mins ago on the way back I must say it looks decent and i must say pretty quick too

in case you're wondering it was driven by a man probably around the age of 50 with his wife in the front seat and he almost got hit by a moron that obviously didnt know red means stop and almost taking me with him.

but then again there where other things going on around me that time... or shall i say under?

i couldnt care less about Tengku Mahaleel not at all interested just give me a man who can give me a good enough Proton car to challenge the Japs.

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

But Savvy is butt ugly... And the radio ads make them even more stupid... Just like how they build the cars... :roll:

3. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

yes... savvy is BUTT UGLY ...

4. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

Proton is in a dying position now. They should do something fast or bye bye! :wall:

[​IMG]

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Whoops.. How did I miss this post?? :wall:

I think Tengku Mahaleel as well as the government's coddling are the serious problems affecting Proton.

Haven't they heard the adage that "sparing the rod spoils the child"? :roll:

Proton is a spoiled child that needs to have its ass caned. Unfortunately, the government still insists on spoiling them. The government will never learn. :wall:

Proton will keep assuming that the government will keep bailing their asses, everything they make a mistake (which is like... EVERYTIME!). :doh:

Just take a look at the measures the government are taking to ensure Proton's ass is covered yet again! -> http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Saturday/Frontpage/20050723074103/Article/indexb_html

The government is going to slap a Profit and General Expenses charge (read : tax!) of 30-38% on 34 foreign cars! This is on top of the taxes normally levied on these cars. :shock:

So, if a Kia Spectra costs about RM 68K right now, it will cost about RM 88.4K after adding the PGE charge. :nuts:

It's amazing that even though there are two national carmakers - Proton and Perodua... you will find that all this pertains ENTIRELY to Proton's inability to compete! Shocking... :shock: The government sure LOVES Proton. :roll:

IMHO, if they continue to coddle Proton, Proton will become the imbecile child it has always been. Producing crap products at export prices and expecting us to pay for that "privilege". :doh:

6. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

7. Adrian Wong

Man.. That's INSANE. :shock:

Why not just enact a law that only Proton can sell cars in Malaysia??? :nuts:

That's essentially what they are trying to do! :doh:

8. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

9. Adrian Wong

I got the file from Jeremy's link but the problem is there's no actual review of the car, is there?

Hey, I heard that Proton won't be renewing Mahaleel's contract!! W00T I guess for Proton. :mrgreen:

For their sake, I hope they will bring in someone with more brains than political contacts. Bring in a PROFESSIONAL!!! :snooty:

10. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Really? Where? I wanna read it.... :D

11. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2005/7/26/nation/11591697&sec=nation

"SHAH ALAM: After eight turbulent years, Proton Holdings Bhd group CEO Tan Sri Tengku Mahaleel Tengku Ariff is out of the national car company.

Proton announced yesterday that his tenure of service will not be renewed and that Mahaleel, who joined Proton in 1996 and was appointed CEO on April 1, 1997, will retire on Sept 30.

An interim executive committee (exco) will be established to assume the responsibility of the group CEO from today, pending the appointment of a new chief executive officer.
    "

12. Adrian Wong

13. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

his time should be long gone..but finally he really is going..

he is a racer in mind..bad management skill n worst all toking kok

well lets hope for some better future for proton

14. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Ooooh.... Happy trails... :wave: :haha:

15. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

[​IMG]

this is how i prefer the front view to be.

16. goldfries

this i'm not happy with.

why can't they just slap a fine to those that under-declared and ensure all future imports are properly declared? once everyone does proper declaration - then it's all OK already what.

now implement this policy, later find out some people don't pay actual 30% - then all the hoohaas are gonna rise again.

sheeesh. just because of a few rotten APs, now the rest have to suffer? lame........ look like P1 Protection again and a way for G to make money.

imagine if there's an AP who did legit declaration and now having to go through the 30% tax.

and please Proton - stop blaming under-declared cars for your bad sales. if your product was good, it won't get dented so easily. time to be a man and take on the competition, not whine and call in external help.

and also, about the under-declare issue - it takes 2 hands to clap. why are fingers just pointing to the APs? what about the government officials that approved the under-declared rate?

1. are the officials so dumb to not realize under-declaration?
    2. if they do realize, why was it not stopped?

heck there's many questions to ask - all will point back to the government : how on earth did those people manage to get away with so many under-declarataion until it's worth so much money escaped?

17. goldfries

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2005/7/27/nation/11603342&sec=nation

aiyoh. WTH!?!?! is he damn stupid or what.........

LOL. you're damn right it doesn't - QC issue is in Malaysia!!!! :p

and please la, define "succeeded". i asked a friend of mine who visited Britain recently - any Protons seen? NO. look at Proton's price in Australia, people who lived there are telling that it's of same price range as Toyota/Honda.

http://www.drive.com.au/seo/new/results.aspx?spg=402&m=proton|waja&sf=2
    Waja is selling at around the price range of a Camry / Accord...........

i donno what to say already la.

18. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Dr M speaks on Proton and APs!

19. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

20. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

look like we still need Dr M... :lol: