Discuss about Proton here!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by lung, Mar 4, 2004.

1. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

??? 17k ??? nowonder there isnt much of those cars running on the road !!

I had that car... you could smoke a person when you accelerate with that car man... it gives out a big load of smoke man..

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah, but if I had to go off road, the Ninja Turtle or Nija King would be my prime choice. :thumb: Not Plotong... :hand:

3. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

"ninja king" will be a better choice man.. avoid "ninja turtle" at all times... or esle u will have a wonderful time with the traffic police, my "ninja turtle" was selled off because of the black smoke problem. The stupid traffic police will always catch us, we even clean the whole engine and change the piston rings.. still the same with loads of black smoke, fed-up.. just sold it and bought a "prado"... hahaha !!

4. aleebinmaden

aleebinmaden Newbie

....HIDUP PROTON.....

:clap: :thumb:

:thumb:

u guys say any thing u wanted to say...but as long as proton is LIVE i will support them...come on LA guys...we should give them a space to breath..proton is just below 30 years...dont compare proton with honda and toyota...we are still in the stage of learning...plzZZZZ do not compare with honda expercially.....they are in different category...they can compete with ferari in formula 1...

I agree that proton have a lot.....i mean damn lot of weakness.....but its still our national car....yes i agree that import cars is very expensive coz taxesssss.....coz to protect proton the goverment have no choices...

So why that in europe and united states the super duper cars like honda accord, civic type R, and even mitsubishi evo 8 is cheaper compare to malaysia even after change the curentcy to Ringgit Malaysia?

WHY...WHY??? coz the taxes for AUTOMOTIVE sector is very low....very very low....so its better to live there from living in Malaysia....RIGHT??

i dont think so coz..even the automobile sector taxes is far more lower than Malaysian taxes BUT their income taxes is like in HELL compare to Malaysia....so the same thing happend every where.....dont go far larrr...just see our "very polite neighbour" yeaaahhh...the Israeli's best friend Singapore....same thing hapends there....their people can use many kinds of cars....even the "cool" cars..but the goverment burdening the people to pay a very high income taxes and many other taxes....

So 4 me same thing hapenning every way..."GOVERMENTS RULES AND TRICKS"....think a about did....

5. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Singapore has killer taxes.
    But US doesnt if I'm not mistaken. Taxes are there, but not that high...
    Is it a better place to live? YES... :shifty:
    Perodua is better than Proton. Younger and better quality. :shifty:

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Woah... Proton still young? Hey, look at Hyundai, Kia. They are not much older. And they have already achieved superior automobile manufacturing capabilities. And they don't even need to spend MILLIONS in buying up other companies like what Proton did.

But you forget that people are not really complaining about Proton's pathetic automobile technology. We are talking about QUALITY. No matter how advanced or backward your company is, there is still something called QUALITY CONTROL, you know. :roll:

And that is something Proton doesn't have. Or rather, they have a selective QC programme. Top quality cars for the export market, junk cars for the naive local market. Talk about nationalistic pride. Proton has virtually NO nationalistic pride in their work. Why the heck should I feel anything for their crap products?

And while you may think I'm driving a foreign marque, I have been driving an assortment of Proton cars all my life. From the Proton Saga to the Proton Iswara with its "can't brake properly" feature to the Wira Aeroback I'm using now. So, I have a LOT of experience with Proton cars and I can sum it all up in one word - JUNK. :roll:

Incidentally, if you want to talk about taxes, please take a look at Jeff Ooi's Guest Blogger's Section (http://www.jeffooi.com/archives/guest_bloggers/index.php). Then you will see how it really is overseas. Too many of us believe too strongly in whatever the government tells us. We have EYES, you know. Try opening them - you may see something different. :thumb:

BTW, some countries choose to implement higher taxes because they are supporting a social welfare system. Malaysia does not. Over here, it's a "eat yourself" world. You work or you don't get money. The government doesn't have to spend much supporting the poor. In addition, a LOT of projects are privatized. So, the government doesn't need to pay for those projects. Therefore, they don't need to tax us as much.

Like you said, they are all government rules and tricks. :mrgreen:

We may pay slightly lower taxes. We may be happy about that. But the government is smarter. They make us pay through our noses through other ways. :mrgreen:

7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Like you said, they are all government rules and tricks. :mrgreen:
    Damn right on!

:thumb:

8. aleebinmaden

aleebinmaden Newbie

EHMMM!!!

I knew that we have eyes...for your info i drive proton as well as u....i dont get any feelings that i drive a JUNK car...

but i agree with u.. "Top quality cars for the export market, junk cars for the naive local market"...this is one thing that i dont understand about proton...make others happy rather then their own people ( Malaysian )..

WHY??

and

if you feels that our goverment is using us...what the hack that u doing here...shift to other countries...u can enjoy your life there...u can drive all the cool cars...so what are u waiting for??...

BUt For mE aLL the GOV are tHe same...

..."GOVERMENTS RULES AND TRICKS"....

9. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Re: EHMMM!!!

For your information, PsYkHoTiK is already going to leave for US next month and planning to stay there for good.

If we have the opportunity and money, we would have done so long time ago. Even my parents talk about migrating to other countries long time ago, but no money no talk, as usual... :shifty:

10. Adrian Wong

Re: EHMMM!!!

Err.. You must have an earlier model. AFAIK, all their new cars stink. Have you heard of bumpers and exhaust pipes dropping off other NEW cars? Nope, it has to be a Proton. :thumb:

My family has gone through two Proton Iswaras over several years. Guess what, same stinking brake system, even after so many years. When we asked Proton engineers about it, they said, "It's like this, if you don't like it, buy the Wira." W00t! Proton mentality. :thumb:

Shift to other countries? I just might. In fact, many people who have not done it would have, if only we didn't have families here. If I were alone, with no strings, you can be sure I would seriously consider a move overseas, at least where the Constitution does not discriminate against me. But we are going off topic.

IMHO, many of us love our life here, even though our government has done nothing but serve an elite few. We are true blue Malaysians, even though the government thinks of us as naive taxpaying fools.

We like the food here. We like the people here. We like our mamak stalls that run 24/7. We like our supermarkets that open until late at night. Etc. I personally don't intend to give that up just to get cheaper cars overseas. That's a really childish idea, if you pardon me saying so. Life's more important than buying cheap cars. :mrgreen:

But that does not mean I will be a good little boy and say, "Yes, please." when Proton asks me to pay top dollar for a junk car. Nor should you expect me to bow down and praise the government when they use our hard-earned money to prop up ill-managed companies like Proton. :hand:

No. Expect me to complain.

11. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

If I spent my hard earned money on something. I'd expect quality in it. But on proton? People most probably dont really have a choice. But now days, the competitors are forking out cheaper cars, Proton's sales are declining.If someone offered me to choose between Vios and Waja, I'd take VIOS. Just add a bit more only. Break it down over a few years, u'll only add a few bucks to your monthly.... :roll: Better than buying waja. I support malaysian cars. But not Proton. I like Perodua. Its way better than proton. At least they have japanese QC standards.

12. aleebinmaden

aleebinmaden Newbie

ORAIIITTTTTT....you guys winn...

ok...just forget it about the thing i say...

okies..Its depends on individual actually....i like proton...and i WILL ALYWAYS BE A TRUE FAN...and will always support them even i be a rich guy...even i can offort a merc or bMw....who knows??....

so u guys hate them b-coz of the ....whatever.... just forget it...

okies..

bye.. :wave:

13. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I'd honestly buy a merc or bmw rather than proton. The 2 arent comparable. :snooty:

Its like comparing a Radeon X800 XT PE with a GF4MX.... :haha: (that was overkill) :p

14. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

..at least nvidia never said gf4mx is their answer to the radeon X800 :haha:

15. Adrian Wong

ROTFL! Please don't say that we hate Proton for "whatever" reasons.

To be honest, I would be happy to purchase a Proton if only they had a little pride in their work and create something we can be proud of, something worth our money.

I am not against Proton because it's Malaysian or because the government blindly supports it. When it comes right down to it, Proton cars do not offer good value. Right now, whatever value Proton cars have is an artificial one, created by government taxes.

If the government ever find the guts to sack Proton's inept management and get a REAL team in the saddle, I think Proton may be able to do something we can all be proud of. Then maybe people won't have to buy Proton because we have to. Maybe we will buy Proton because we WANT TO. Think about that. ;)

16. lung

lung Just Started

aleebinmaden, have you read through this entire thread? If you did, then you would have found a thousand logical reasons to criticise Proton. But name me one logical reason why one would support Proton?

Because of the Malaysia pride thingy? Well as some of us have pointed out... Proton doesn't even have the Malaysian pride in themselves (if they do, then they won't sell lower quality cars domestically and keep those higher quality ones for export!)

Quality is the major issue here... For example, no airbags to cut cost? How do you justify that? They CUT COST YET THEY STILL NEED GOVERNMENT PROTECTION. Besides, cutting off safety features to save cost??? It's to SAVE LIVES, for God's sake... This is like killing off your children because you cannot afford to feed them! Well, you know what... Most people who cannot afford to feed their children will NOT have children at all. That's what Proton should do... They should just close down their company if they cannot produce QUALITY.

If you want to support made-in-malaysia stuffs, you're better off with Perodua.

17. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I dont hate proton for whatever reason. I hate it for specific reasons. Quality etc. But if they improve the quality, I'd buy it too. Why? Coz I pay for a quality product. But keep it like this, and you wont see me getting a proton anytime soon... :snooty:

Politics is beside the point. The fact is, there are now other better cars around for the same price range. But keep it like this, and you wont see me getting a proton anytime soon. I wont simply waste my money on that. I like Perodua. To me, they're taking the right step forward. Whereas Proton, is usually a step backwards. :doh:

18. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

i dont understand why cant proton make cars that have good quality.. and i'm not talking about bmw's quality here, just like one they make for overseas market is good enough. agree?

19. aleebinmaden

aleebinmaden Newbie

aGREE!!

i am very happy with your guys reaspon...actually i think about that...

maybe...not maybe...100% yes that proton is leck of quality...but some of you guys are right...Malaysian second car maker...Perodua have better quality than proton...

have you guys seen the new Satria replacment model and Tiara replacment model....

the face of satria is more likely same with gen-2....but tiara is totally different...!!

20. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

Re: aGREE!!

i havent seen them, u got the pics?