Do members of Team ARP get paid?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by lung, Dec 4, 2003.

1. lung

lung Just Started

:lol:

If they do get paid... Maybe I will join the team and write some game reviews... Cause I'm looking for ways to earn some extra cash here :mrgreen:

2. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

nope :lol:

but lotz of fun :D :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

3. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Maybe u can help them find some sponsor and get comission.... :thumb:

4. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yes, you get paid! :thumb:

5. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

Your pay is lessons on how to shine and use a "beatdown" stick. PY 222 invented it. I heard that there would be pay for someone to write code for some translator, but I haven't seen goldfires around lately to talk about it. Dashken and goldfries want to get copyrights on it. :shhh:

6. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

Beatdown stick lessons are free.

Sticks are not included. Sold separately.

:haha:

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

:haha: You guys really crack me up! :haha:

8. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

Just goes to show that we love ARP :arp: so much that we can have a little fun! Especially with all of the paychecks!!! :thumb:

Keep up the good work guys (and girls)! :arp:

9. lung

lung Just Started

Well I've posted my first attempt at a game review in the Games thread :)

If I'm qualified to join team ARP and you guys plan to 'recruit' me... Please prepare a big paycheck beforehand! :mrgreen:

10. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

No paychecks. But you get free mobos, rams, hdds, drives and monitors for free. How about that? :lol:

11. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yup! Cause Dashken is our sponsor! :haha: :haha: :haha:

Actually, none of us gets any paycheck. But we sure get a lot of bills!

Believe it or not, our hosting cost is just the tip of the iceberg. So, sometimes we have to pay from our own pockets, especially when our banner viewership drops. It's currently at around 18%, if I'm not mistaken. :wall:

Our main intent is to support the site and make sure we can pay our bills, etc... If there is extra dough, we try to give back to the community by sponsoring contests. Hence, the Christmas giveaway contest.

Of course, right now we can only afford two processors, two Mushkin memory modules, t-shirts and stuff like that. But hopefully, in the future, if we ever get more people to stop blocking banners and/or get more visitors, we can afford to give out more. I'll be crossing my fingers! :mrgreen:

12. echunghua

echunghua Newbie

hahah. .. people asked me the same questions too this few weeks as i just launched a new forum with my friends, hehe. . i think that making a portal/forum like is trully coz of the interest in it & is of course willing to pay for it, as long as there are members supporting & keep posting & the forum community is keep growing day by day then i'm sure then its really worth-while for the admin/ moderators to spend out a little bit of money in order to support it monthly & yearly :).. just my 2 cents :)

13. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

18%???? wat is 18%???....ppl who see banner....or ppl who click??? :think: :think:

14. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

18% who view the banners... :roll:

15. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yup... Only about 18% of our visitors actually view any banners. But that's actually an improvement since the last time we posted on this, the banner viewership was only about... 9-10%.

Well, we hope the percentage increases. We have already stopped our advertisers from running any pop or invasive ads. :beer:

16. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

So, if there any difference between ppl viewing the banner and the people clicking it? Do you get more money? :think:

17. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

ermm..

believe me. own PC is the most comfortable :) when I have the testbed with me, I still prefer my own PC :)

18. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

dat banner blocking thing izzit???? .... woiiiii.....must be u cs5!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :haha: :haha: :haha: .....dun worry...i dun block banners.....& i click too!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

19. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I see banner all the time. Will be supporting ARP! :dance: :wave:

20. Cereberus

Cereberus Newbie

whats money compared to undying loyalty of arp fans to me :D

ops i meant to the arp team of course :lol: *sigh