Do members of Team ARP get paid?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by lung, Dec 4, 2003.

1. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: dunno if their host will accept..... :haha: :haha: :haha: 4 me...banner is ok....juz some graphics.... sometime if the picture nice....make the site look better...more professionall... :mrgreen: :thumb:

2. lung

lung Just Started

Okay I've just posted my second game review :mrgreen:
    Can I get some freebies, Dash? :lol:

3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Freebies? I just advertise for you in the main page. How about that? :dance: :D

4. lung

lung Just Started

No, not good enough. It's more like I'm doing free reviews for ARP :p

5. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: rojakpot reviews all many....many pages......urs onli 1 page larrrrrr!!!!! :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

6. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

ermmm..i give u....
    a plastic bay plate
    is that good enough? :mrgreen:
    or you want a floppy disc? :mrgreen:

7. CleanSerious5

CleanSerious5 Banned

no1 asks u to do.
    :angel:

8. Brian

Brian Newbie

want my old voodoo 2? :p

9. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

give it to me brian.. :p

10. Brian

Brian Newbie

ok here it is :lol:
    happy now? :p

Attached Files:

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

It will do you good. We are making you popular since you are still new. Free advertising. :lol:

12. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

/me bring our the Shiny Beatdown Stick (TM).

Lets keep to the topic at hand ok. ;)

13. lung

lung Just Started

Whoa, good one... I don't know how to answer this... :lol:
    If I want to be popular, I'd rather posts silly, annoying questions like CS5 :p
    But no... I guess I'm just money-oriented! :shifty:

14. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Well, I don't think anyone can be more annoying than CS5. So, lung... forget that idea of yours. :lol:

15. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

LOL! CS5 is only clever at this kind of responses. :doh: :haha:

Well, lung, I'll be honest. Usually, only printed magazines and the like will have the dough to employ writers, even freelance writers. Online exceptions, of course, include super-large sites like Anandtech and Tom's Hardware Guide.

I'm sure other medium-sized hardware sites also do pay contributors something. But I can't really tell. It may have been the case in the early days but these days, online advertising is really bad, especially for the smaller sites.

Advertisers prefer to advertise on big sites like Anandtech, THG and, of course, HardOCP. :mrgreen: Smaller sites have to deal with advertising agencies, etc... who take a big cut out of their revenue. SUPER-small sites like ARP, well, we have to contend with serving a lot of default banners which bring in nothing at all.

Combine that with a tech-savvy readership that loves ad-blockers, hmm... that doesn't really leave us much at the end of the day. :wall: Whatever we have, we invest into stuff like prizes, software (for the server) and other expenditure.

But do we have bigger plans for ARP in the future? You bet!

I can't speak for the others but it is a labour of love for me. My day begins and ends everyday with ARP. Every minute of free time I have, I spend it on ARP. It is not because I am obsessed with ARP. Well, maybe... :haha: ...but you never heard me say that! :haha:

But I feel that I have been given a very unique opportunity with ARP. If I do not seize this opportunity and make full use of it, I will live to regret it one day. That is what pushes me everyday.

ARP has already expanded from a one-man-show to a much larger and more complex group of dedicated individuals working together to further the ARP dream. But the emphasis is never on work. Everyone who is in the team is a volunteer.

We volunteer our time because we love what we do. And we believe in the ARP dream. Right now, we only aim to improve our work and the site. Money is only the means to that end. Whatever we have left over, we give it back to the community. In the end, ARP is there for the community. For you. For us.

IF we are ever so lucky and get enough sponsors to see us all the way through, then maybe we can dedicate our lives to what we love to do. Until then, our focus remains on developing ourselves and generally having a great time with the community! :thumb:

16. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

well said adrian... well said! :thumb:

17. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Woot! Go Adrian! Go! And btw, I'm the master of copy/paste. :lol: :haha: :haha: :haha:

18. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

:beer: :beer: :thumb:

19. lung

lung Just Started

Thanks for the good post, Adrian! :thumb:

Well, until I get a decent 'reviewer' job (which I doubt I will :cry:)
    I guess I'll just keep posting my reviews (I'll try to keep writing... If you guys want me to :lol:) here :)

20. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

LOL! We always welcome contributions. Either in the forums or as articles or reviews in the main site.

As long as everyone's having a great time, it's cool! :thumb: