Does anyone Watercooled their system?

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by Streetboost, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Streetboost

Streetboost Newbie

just wondering wether there are people here who had gone to that stage yet....i'm short of cash but i planned to put one!! im sick and tired of my loud delta..... :lol:

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I've been watercooling my system for a few years now... :)

3. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Yup, I've also been using water cooling for almost a year now. It's the best cooling solution I've had so far. Noiseless and keeps the temps stable! :D

4. Streetboost

Streetboost Newbie

while you we're water cooling your system ..i'm saving up cash here.....
    yeah water cooling is out there for a year plus already.btw are you guys all malaysians?not much active users here huh?well i hope it grows and more reviews could be done..i could help you guys out by doing some reviews, but i'm too lazy to type and take pics. :lol:

5. ALstonLoong

ALstonLoong Newbie

well ....i think water cooled is waste of money. With a good water cooled , i think at least have to spend around 600 RM. If you are running a p4 or even athlon, get a alpha or other bettter heatsink is good enough. How much ? maybe is just 100 bucks RM. With 600 RM , why dont i get a better higher cpu. Why ppl overclock ? try to get more performance by paying minimum amount of money.

Just my opinion....

6. Chai

True, water cooling is for 'enthusiast'. It's like why buy a Ferrari when you can get similar performance from a BMW M5. I know it's a bad example, but you should know what I mean. Many people are getting water cooling because it's quiet and efficient.

I wouldn't stop recommending people, but if you can't afford it, don't buy one, because it's not necessary.

7. ALstonLoong

ALstonLoong Newbie

Well...i will only recommand water cool to advance user. Water cool is a dangerous setup. Once you are not paying attention, your hardware will expose to water. Beside that, sometimes we have to mod our case to fit in a water cooling kit. Water cooling actually is a very good cooling solution . I really hope in future water cooling can be more affortable and able to get water cool cases with affortable price. I seen a external water cooling kits from koolence. Not too bad just abit pricy.

8. Chai

I wouldn't say watercooling is dangerous. If you follow instruction properly, it's not any more dangerous than installing a heatsink. :)

9. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

There are more points of failure in a watercooling setup.

Pumps, joints, fan, radiator, hose and WATER!

With heatsink, its just the fan and the occasion "OOps I did not install the heatsink correctly and now I have chipped the core! DAMn".

But I think it is really COOL if you are a hardware guy and you know what you are doing. EXAMPLE ----&gt; Chai :lol:

10. Chai

This is not a good example! :lol:

The only part I'm worried about is pump, because it's the only mechanical (moving) item in the whole system, wait, I forgot about the fan too :)

You forgot about 'snapping the socket lugs' :)

11. peaz

Hmm, it true that Water cooling is a tad too expensive now.

Howeverm i believe that it can be cheaper as the parts are not particular hard to manufacture. The only thing that it's not a mainstream choice for cooling yet. Too many components i guess???

hehe. but once's its popular. I pretty sure prices will drop really fast

as for pump failure etc... i once forgot to turn on the pump... guess what?? my TB was at about 80C!!!! man. lucky it didn't burn off at all!!! Lucky me i guess!

12. Chai

Wow, 80C!!! My processor would have crashed by then! :D My processor is running really close to its limit, at 50C it will crash anytime!

13. ALstonLoong

ALstonLoong Newbie

lol 50C ? wow ...thats hot !

14. Chai

No no. I meant it will crash at 50C+. It runs at low 40s, and during the hot afternoons mid 40s. An air cooler would do as well, but at the same noise level? Not even close. :)

15. peaz

YuP... it was really at 80c when i checked at the BIOS.... :D immediately turned off the power !!!

Crazy. But lucky it survived

16. ALstonLoong

ALstonLoong Newbie

you lucky piggy piggy ! thank god your TB is not burn at 80c

17. peaz

Oh yeah I thank god a hundred times that day!!!

Imagine, I actually managed to boot into windows and ran a program setup, which crashed halfway defore i discovered the pump was not on!!!

:p lucky the water block was a huge chunck of copper!

18. itld

itld Newbie

howdy,
    this is my first post on this board so allow me to introduce myself
    i am an iron worker with a mechanical engineering back ground and have been messing with PC's for about 20 years. my first box was a PC clone 4.77 Zenith Z80
    my present box is

• ASUS A7M266-D
      Dual AMD Athlon MP 2000+
      2@512 mb DDr ECC ram
      GeForce4 Ti4200 128mb
      40Gb 7200 rpm - win 2K pro
      20GB - Linux SuSE
      and a basic set up of CDRW etc.

right now my proc temps are

• CPU0 47c
      CPU1 45c

an hour with Q3A will raise the temp about 4c each
    i cool with Thermaltake Volcano 6Cu+ heatsink/fans, i am concidering watercooling but i cant find a comercial system that will handle dual proc's. that said i may just build my own.

M.R.

19. Chai

Welcome! :)

Most waterblocks in the market should work in a dual processors system. Here is one example.
    [​IMG]

Since you are cooling 2 processors at a time, you may need a more powerful radiator to dissipate the heat properly.

20. itld

itld Newbie

howdy,
    WOW very cool.
    i cant see the manufacture name on the blocks, can you tell me who makes that system??

M.R.