Does water molecules listen to what we have said?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by The_YongGrand, Oct 24, 2014.

1. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Some months back, I heard this from my family member that when one said a word to a glass of water, the crystalisation in the water changes. So if it's a 'bad word', the arrangement becomes 'chaotic' and if it's a 'good word', it becomes 'harmonious'. Ditto to the music - when exposed to heavy metal, it becomes 'chaotic' and when exposed to Beethoven, it becomes 'well arranged'.

I'm starting to wonder if water molecules do actually "process" words and music. For example, the infamous F-word we use very often can show positive and negative feelings and it depends on the situation. We said it all the time when we are happy or when we are irritated. Besides, some German names have the F-word over there. Would it becomes positive or negative there? How do the water molecules decide whether it's a bad or a good word? :faint:

Unless if we have found that water molecules have Fourier Transform inside (layman: look at your radio's VU panel. Music in -> Output is LED bars, high and low frequencies.) there would be something to say. But now, it's hard for me to get it since water molecules have only bondings between them (pardon my Chemistry knowledge - it has been rusty!) :faint:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  2. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

In a word,,, No.:p

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hahaha!! I concur with Trinity! :D

4. The_YongGrand

Unfortunately I can't debate this much more with my parent - it's hard to get through his thick skull. :haha:

Masaru Emoto's (he came up with this ludicrous theory) book has pictures of all kinds of water crystals when exposed to different words, music and pictures. I've never read them, and will not try to even think much about it.

This theory has been dismissed by universities - it's flat out not working. In the end, we need to have a positive mind, but it must be also coupled by a good set of reasoning too. Not believing blindly into things without further reading. :haha:

5. Adrian Wong

Creating different water crystals isn't difficult. Every snowflake is a different water crystal, after all. It's because of the contaminants in the water.

He can, of course, create all kinds of crystalline patterns using different sources of water, because they contain different types and levels of contaminants.

6. Adrian Wong

BTW, here's a great (and funny!) write-up on Masaru Emoto... :thumb: :thumb:

7. The_YongGrand

He would have personally selected it accordingly to his whims too. Whatever nice looking crystals, he would just link it to something, and the messy ones to the other something.

I read a bit of his work, and that wasn't fair for him to say that Beethoven is better than some heavy metal music! They are both different entities!! :wall:

8. Adrian Wong

LOL! Exactly, and he doesn't show all of the photos he took, just a selection that proves his hypothesis...