Dopod 595 Bluetooth File Transfer Error

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by Jeremy, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Hi All,

I've been using the Dopod 595 for about three months now where initially, there's no problem for me to send and receive files over bluetooth. However things have changed in the recent weeks where I'm only able to send files out via bluetooth but not able to receive. Up till today, I've performed two soft resets and one hard reset but the result remains. I'm hoping that experienced Smartphone users here can shed a little light on my problem. Your kind attention is greatly appreciated. Thank you

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hey, the same phone I have! :D

But I haven't tried out the BT function yet. Must ask Falcone. :think:

BTW, where are you sending the files to? Another phone? Or a PC?

3. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

I'm actually trying to receive files from other mobile phones but it's irritating me which I've decided to postpone my purchase of a bluetooth headset until I resolve this.

The sender usually gets the message: Error Sending when trying to send a file over to me. Odd though.

4. Adrian Wong

Does it happen both ways? :think:

I hope there's nothing wrong with the BT module itself... :think:

5. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

I wish I could help. Haven't really tested all the settings yet.

Will try to help if I meet up with any of you that soon. :D

6. Adrian Wong

7. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Any setting for bluetooth like accept in coming? Like accessibility setting and services are ON or active. :think:

8. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Thing is, I've configured the discoverable mode but I have the option to specify an incoming port but makes no difference and I notice my cousin brother's exact phone doesn't have any incoming port configured and yet works flawlessly. This is really turning me off and I'm considering selling it off and getting the T680.

9. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Em... too bad then..may be bluetooh itself having problem... try send back for warranty or repair if you still like it.. or buy new HTC :p

10. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Bluetooth sucks. It's the same with my W810i phone. On some notebook it works. and on others it don't. For my desktop with a dongle. it both works sometimes and it don't. What's even weirder is if I send just one file, it's ok. if I try to send a few at the same time, it won't. The stupid Bluetooth implementation is just really that bad.

11. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

PS. BTW, if you wanna sell the phone, let me know. I'm in need of a phone with 3.5G access and usable as a modem for my notebook.