E6300 to run Crysis?

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by WilhelmPrice, Mar 4, 2010.

?

E6300 2.8 ghz...9800GT...2GB RAM to run Crysis?

1. ALL HIGH there is AA in 1280 res

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ALL HIGH there is AA in lower res

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ALL HIGH no AA in lower res

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ALL MED no AA in lower res

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. EVEN WORSE[post suggestion of a different CPU]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Even Better

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. WilhelmPrice

WilhelmPrice Newbie

Looking for budget processor for gaming; my current setup involves
    an Intel DG31PR(LGA775 socket) main board
    2GB RAM
    9800 GT 1GB, but my current processor is embarrasing..
    a Pentium Dual Core E2180.

I live in the Philippines.....

I wanna get the potential of my 9800 GT and some acceptable performance in Crysis and Mass Effect by upgrading my processor.

My budget is up to 5,500 PHP(our currency)

I'm most interested in the Intel Pentium Dual Core E6300 2.8ghz which is 4000 PHP; but I am also interested in the:
    ntel Pentium Dual Core E5300 2.6 ghz ...3460 PHP
    Intel Pentium Dual Core E5400 2.7 ghz ...3700 PHP
    Intel Pentium Dual Core E6500 2.93 ghz ...4160 PHP
    Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.9 ghz which is ...5,450 PHP

My goal is to get something within my price range and VERY hopefully below 4,500 PHP that can run Crysis and Mass Effect at high with atleast 1152 pixel resolution with my current setup.

I am sorry for the inconvenience of makin u guyz think about the currency being in PHP but if you guyz refer, just post so and I can convert every one of those to USD...

Ryt now with my current E2180 setup Crysis runs at 1152 res with 27-60 FPS....27 in complex situations with lots of enemies and exploding....35 in usual..sometimes 40 and 60 indoors.....

I set the

textures to high

shadows to medium

water to high

no AA

Shaders tweaked between high and very high and all others at low...

.and I also tweaked the Object Distance LOD....a lot, like I cannot see most objects afar. IT SUCKS...bcoz if its alredy degraded in visual quality that much, it wud perform well in stealthy approaches and if less than 20 enemies are running around or attacking....but it goes 20+ fps once there are 30 or once there are lots of explosions.

My Mobo won't allow to me OC, and I really don't plan to...and I really can't afford to buy some cooling stuff or other stuff other than a CPU.

Please and THank YOU! ALL help is HIGHly appreciated

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

The only way to improve fps in Crysis is to get a higher end graphics card, not just a fast processor. Personally, I won't bother upgrading as both processor and graphics card are bottlenecking.

3. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Do you have a cheap E7200 or E7300 sold in auction or second-hand online?

The cheapest option for a GFX card is a Radeon 4850. I'm not sure whether it's still being sold now. This card could do okay with all high settings at 1280x1024. :D

edit: I have to put only 2x AA. 4x and 8x onwards could pretty slow down the game in certain areas.

4. Chai

He is already using 9800GT which is not far from 4850. He needs upgrade to 5800 series to gain more performance out of his current rig.

5. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

E6300 2.8 ghz...9800GT...2GB RAM to run Crysis?

just run the GPU benchmark that comes with Crysis. :) it'll settle your poll.

6. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

Sounds like he need an overall upgrade. Not just one component.

7. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

So what can do you suggest fot the 5,500 budget?

8. Chai

Not much really, with that amount of money, he needs to save more to get a proper upgrade.

9. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

From my experience with Crysis, I would just get the cheapest Core 2 Duo processor (second-hand or new) and use the rest of the money to upgrade to 4 GB of RAM.

Crysis doesn't require much CPU power so even if you don't overclock the E5300 or E6300, you won't miss much. In fact, upgrading to 4 GB of RAM will probably have more effect on performance than processor speed.

The biggest determinant of performance in Crysis is, of course, the graphics card. He already has the GeForce 9800 GT. Pretty good card. IMHO, just stick with it. Once you finish playing Crysis, there won't be that many games that will require you to have that kind of graphics processing power.

10. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

first and foremost, why do you want to play crisis?