E6750 or E6850

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by nearownkira, Jul 27, 2007.

1. nearownkira

nearownkira Newbie

I am not into overclocking, just normal gaming or BT, is buying E6850 worth the money?

2. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I'd say yes :mrgreen: I just bought a E6850 a few days ago. The extra MHz will help especially in gaming.

If you do a lot of video encoding, 3D rendering or photoshop, do consider Q6600 which costs the same as E6850. Q6600 run these a lot faster compared to E6850.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I think you should just go for the E6750 if you are not overclocking. E6850 is a lot more expensive than E6750.

4. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

not always la. :) would be best to take into account his GC a well.

lower the $$$ spent on processor to get a better GC, i'd say it's worth it.

5. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

I would suggest a decent, affortable P35 board, an E6550 and a pair of DDR2-800 value RAM from kingston, corsair..bah! any reputable brand will do. it doesn't cost a lot more than the 667 part.

once you get the system up, go to the BIOS and set the FSB to 400MHz, the memory to run at 800MHz and disable EIST & TM2. you do not have to touch any other settings and there is no need to upgrade your CPU cooling. the stock heatsink will do fine. totally no brainer.

this way, you get yourself a "close to C2X-class" CPU, your RAM runs at 1:1 and best of all, you save yourself some extra cash in which you can spend it on a faster graphics card.

C'mon, you can do it.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  6. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

I set my e6600 to 400 and got 17sec on superpi 1 meg... hehe 21 at stock.:)

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Seriously, E6850 is worth every penny if you overclock.

But E6750 is the most value for money, according to our local price list.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2007