e7200

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by lee_what2004, Oct 4, 2008.

1. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

just one quick question, is e7200 got those leg like the old processor, lets say p3 o p4?
    my friend just bought one and say don't have leg.
    I long time no touch processor, last time only p3 lolx
    so.. a bit not uptodate ;)

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

All socket 775 processors don't have legs, which includes all C2D, and most newer P4.

3. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Yeah, What Chai said.

Now, the motherboard socket has the "legs".:lol: Be sure never to touch those.:hand: :)

4. lee_what2004

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  5. Chai

Looking for something with built in graphics card?

6. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

E7200 is not using PGA (Pin Grid Array). The 'legs' are called 'pins'. :)

It's a pinless, contact-based LGA (Land Grid Array).

So you need is a motherboard with LGA775 socket. (Socket T if I'm not mistaken).

Well, casually we pair Intel processors + Intel chipsets. :D

1 person likes this.
  7. lee_what2004

yes, looking for built in graphic
    since the person is not gaming oriented plus no time for that
    so, how's the foxconn ? :D

edit: max budget is $90, wanted its memory to be expandable at least 8 GB for future

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  8. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Which model?

Foxconn seems to be quite good. Very under the radar at the moment but they make tons of motherboards for other companies, and even iPods for Apple.

9. lee_what2004

10. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

11. lee_what2004

well, that's the one I found to fit the bill on newegg, integrated graphic, ram max 4GB~8GB, under $50, now can under $90
    the others ranging from $50 to $90 on newegg, it seems that I can't find integrated one :mad:
    this motherboard would still be able to accept dedicated graphic when in future upgrade, right?

but then, still open for recommendation :)

12. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Yeah, pretty cool that Intel processors don't have pins, unlike AMD. Much safer for transport cuz everyone's worst nightmare: broken pins!

For Intel mobo, grab one with a G31 chipset... the G4x aren't that good from what I read. And yeah, it's hard to find Intel with IGPs since not a lot of people want it. That's more of a market for AMD processors. Gigabyte GA-EG31M-S2 is a good choice as well.

13. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

The LGA is a very special kind of processor pin layout. Even those high-end Opterons are having those! :D

Well, Intel's onboard GFX is decent if you do basic stuff on it. I'm not sure of the on-board GFX for the Intel boards, heard that it's Extreme Graphics X3100? They look good too. :D

14. Chai

I don't know about you. But I prefer to have broken processor than broken motherboard.

15. Spanner

Spanner Newbie

For a board with integrated graphics you could try looking at a ABIT I-N73H motherboard. Has 7 series graphics from nvidia and HD audio too. Just check your CPU compatibility..

16. lee_what2004

which would outperform?
    gma 3100?
    gma 4500Hd?
    geforce 7100?
    geforce 7150?

17. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

geforce 7100 or 7150 (both are the same if not mistaken.)Intel gma cards are not to say very good though..if for slight gaming, i'll go for the geforce.

18. lee_what2004

well, mostly would be used to watch movies h.264
    so geforce to go then?

19. lee_what2004

was wondering whether ati 3450 would be better?
    got some on newegg for around $20 after rebate :D

20. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Better than IGP.