EA relents on cumbersome DRM for new PC games

Discussion in 'Games' started by JMMD, May 10, 2008.

1. JMMD

JMMD Newbie

2. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

THX for the link and I think DRM is cumbersome period. For one thing I don't like to have a DVD or CD in the drive to play a game when almost 100 percent of the game itself is run from the HD.

My rule of thumb is if I can't play with no DVD or CD in the drive ... I don't !!

3. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

DRM is killing pc gaming. :evil:

4. Digerati

Digerati Newbie

EA didn't learn a lesson from Bioshock. Stupid move -- one they'll surely regret.

5. rogue_tomato

rogue_tomato Newbie

Stupid idea by EA, but I am glad that they came to their senses before it was too late. I understand the concern about piracy in PC gaming and all, but the hackers would've beat it eventually... and then EA is still screwed by losing the game to hackers while at the same time pissing off the gamers who legitimately purchased the game by this new DRM. :p :?

6. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

Personally, the Mass Effect thing wouldn't bother me. Although I can understand certain people don't have internet acces all the time.

7. rogue_tomato

rogue_tomato Newbie

g0tanks, if the DRM for Mass Effect was released with the retail release and you didn't have internet access, you would only have access to play the game on your PC for 10 days... the game would lock you out if it could not verify your copy from my understanding.