Economical Wireless System?

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by The_YongGrand, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

MAC address filtering can maximize transfer speed? Now, that I don't know. Eh, why le? :think:

2. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Uh... you haven't answered my question yet.

I can connect my Access point to the DSL600EU modem right?

And what's the best budget access point with 4 ports switch combo only? :D

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Because you won't need to use WEP! :mrgreen:

I did a quick test and posted the results in the forums some time ago. I wonder where it is... :think:

4. Adrian Wong

Yes, you should be able to do that. As for the "best" budget access point, heh... I think they are all about the same.

Perhaps you should try going for access points from more renown companies like Linksys?

5. The_YongGrand

Wao. I want to get one D-Link wireless access point already. Or Linksys.... :D

6. Adrian Wong

Either one SHOULD be okay. Hehe.. After all, it depends on your modem for the router functions.

7. The_YongGrand

Yes. I am going to get one soon.

But how to connect 'em-ah?

There's only ONE port at the back of the access point.

Should I connect the router modem first to the WAP using the Ethernet cable. Then again, where is another connection from the modem to my computer? :shock: :confused: :D

8. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. You just connect the modem to the access point. That's it.

Your computers connect to the access points via WiFi. ;)

9. The_YongGrand

I know, I know. :D

But then the WAP has only one port to the modem. Then how about the modem to the computer?? :shock: Of course, if you connect the modem to the WAP they'll be hanging like that without a connection to the comp. Oooooh. :confused:

10. Adrian Wong

Modem to the computer??? Why would the modem be connected to the computer unless you have a USB model??? :confused:

You just connect the phone line from the phone outlet to the modem. And connect the modem to the WAP using the LAN cable. That's it. ;)

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Why would you want anything to be connected to your comp if it's meant to be wifi? :lol:

12. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. Exactly. :mrgreen:

The fewer the wires, the better. :thumb:

13. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Wires wires!!! I love wires!

14. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

hope im not late for this.

it is all depend on ur router only, AP shud be ok

being using linksys router for almost one yr.....it is very not stable, sometime in 6hrs time of using, i need to restart the router for 6 times, equal to the router down each hour...that is the most i can take, normal it just down 2-3 times per day, fine, i go and restart. But tat day really cant take it anymore, straight away i go and order the D-Link router, now already using it for 2week, nv down b4. :thumb: