Enabling "hidden" BIOS functions...

Discussion in 'BIOS Optimization Guide (BOG)' started by powerloony, Dec 15, 2002.

1. powerloony

powerloony Newbie

hi all, i've just got a MSI-6580 mobo, and as you know, MSI like to hide all the "advanced" functions like PCI Dynamic Bursting from its end users. My question is, how do i make them appear in the BIOS menu/ submenus?
    the MSI-6580 uses AMI BIOS. However, even the latest (leaked) AMIBCP can't crack/ edit it. Please help. Thanks.

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hello powerloony,

Check http://www.h-oda.com/ for utilities that may enable you to modify the registers. Be careful with such utilities though. :)

3. powerloony

powerloony Newbie

Thanks. Hey, you're in malaysia? i'm in Singapore!

PS doesn't seem to have any program to modify the registers... any more sites to recommend?

4. Adrian Wong

Hello there powerloony,

Yup! I'm from Malaysia.

PS? You mean PowerStrip? No, check out http://www.h-oda.com/. I think either WCPUID or WPCREDIT will allow you to edit the registers.

5. powerloony

powerloony Newbie

er - PS means post-script (i think i forgot to put the dot...hehe)
    by the way, do you know of any BIOS editors? (either run in DOS or Windows) e.g. AMISETUP (but doesn't support MSI-6580)

6. Adrian Wong

Hmm... You can try TweakBIOS but I'm not sure it's updated or even still available?

7. powerloony

powerloony Newbie

well, now i'm learning to create PCR files for the i845PE chipset for WPCREDIT, but it's quite hard... by the way do you know of any i845PE PCR files i can use?

8. Adrian Wong

Umm... sorry, I don't know of any i845E PCR file.

9. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

i845PE is a new chipset, so it's not so easy to find.