EPoX EP-9U1697 GLI Motherboard Review!

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Are you looking for a cheap alternative to all those nForce4 SLI motherboards? Then the EPoX EP-9U1697 GLI motherboard will be of interest to you! Join Max_87 as he takes a look at this EPoX motherboard!

[​IMG]

Link : EPoX EP-9U1697 GLI Motherboard Pictorial Review!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2006
    1 person likes this.
  2. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

lolz.. i think some other motherboard experiences the same problem ..

even my Abit have similar problems where the SATA will not run properly until i set some options ...

3. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Actually EPoX has already helped to to resolve this issue :mrgreen: Anyway, thanks! :D

4. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Nope, they did not.

265HTT? That's weird. This board I have here actually did better than my Asus A8R-MVP in terms of HTT overclock :lol:

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

The review has just been upgraded to comprehensive review. Enjoy! :wave:

Are you looking for a cheap alternative to all those nForce4 SLI motherboards? Then the EPoX EP-9U1697 GLI motherboard will be of interest to you! Join Max_87 as he takes a look at this EPoX motherboard!

[​IMG]

Link : EPoX EP-9U1697 GLI Motherboard Review!

6. johnmuffins

johnmuffins Newbie

Has anyone tried removing the passive heatsink on the Northbridge?

I need help on removing the passive northbridge cooler. has anyone done it. It seemed glued on to the chip.

thanks.

7. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Why do you want to remove the heatsink??? :confused: Anyways....

Try put the whole mobo in the freezer. After the whole thing is frozen then try twisting the passive heatsink (and pry a little bit), see if you could manage to get the heatsink off. Just give up if you had applied a lot of force and still cannot get the heatsink off the chip. and remember, DO NOT pry too hard :haha: Otherwise you know what would happen.

I've seen people use this to their TNT2 before to remove the heatsink. I actually tried this on my TNT2, but I did not manage to remove the heatsink :haha:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2006
  8. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

LoL! If removing the passive heatsink is as easy as you had mentioned, I had already removed the one I have right here :mrgreen: