Ethernet a printer - no router?

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by Jeff68005, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Jeff68005

Jeff68005 Newbie

I have a desktop with Windoz 7. Cable company provides 50 MPS internet connection (verified by various speedtests).
    When I go via A Belkin router (N450 or AC1200), the internet speed drops to about 25 MPS.
    The HP printer is a hardwire Ethernet printer. It works well on either router.

I took the PC and added a second Ethernet card. I don't really need the router except to connect to the printer.
    I tried to make the two Ethernet cards work in the same PC without success. I know it can be done, but I have not been successful.
    Both Ethernet cards are 1GB capable. Both have been tested by connecting to the Internet with the other one turned off. They are matched by brand and driver.

The primary Ethernet card goes to the Internet. It is set to obtain the Internet automatically.
    I seek your help keeping that functioning and setting the second Ethernet card to the printer (both functioning at the same time) without using the router.
    Due to using the router, the printer is set to 192.168.x.yy
    Thank you in advance for any help.

2. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

So basically, you are saying, you want to connect the first Ethernet card of your PC to the Modem, the second Ethernet card to the printer?

I would bridge the 2 Ethernet cards in Windows.

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, I think zy hit the nail on the head. Try this :