Excel infected by Virus?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by alyy8128, Dec 21, 2009.

1. alyy8128

alyy8128 Newbie

Hi all,

Have you encounter kind of virus, that can manipulate your excel worksheet?

I heard from my friend's computer, that the Virus attacking his computer by simply moving your excel cells, deleting rows or column.

What type Antivirus are capable to fix this kind of virus? AVIRA is certainly out of the consideration, as few of the computers has AVIRA installed are infected.

If the computer had infected, any idea how to clean it? I had google for few times but can't get any of the solution.

Thanks.

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Macro virus? Have you tried disabling macro?

3. alyy8128

alyy8128 Newbie

It sounds like Macro virus.... but it can spread from one office to another.

Can any of the market available Antivirus detect such virus?

They all using Avira but all "kena" that virus.

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

That's weird! If it's a macro virus, then it won't affect other software, much less the anti-virus software. The best thing to fix this would be to use ANOTHER computer to clean this hard disk drive.

Take out the infected computer's hard disk drives and hook them to a clean PC with a fully-updated AV software. Then boot up using the clean PC and run the AV software to clean up the infected HDDs.

5. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

6. alyy8128

alyy8128 Newbie

OK... thanks for the advise. I'll try to get a excel sample which already been infected from that friend and maybe upload to the VirusTotal to check.

Then, first thing to suggest to my friend is to throw away that "Little Red Umbrella" and use others Antivirus.