F.E.A.R. demo

Discussion in 'Games' started by Papercut, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Well you probably won't think of lowering those options when you are already getting around that framerates :mrgreen:

2. Johnie

Johnie Newbie

Dont know about Audigy issues...although I hardly believe it would give you 5-10FPS boost...or maybe it would...who knows...but even if thats possible...like Bestia said...who would play with cats crying in the background... :haha:

And yes, Papercut, there are just too many settings inside...I dont know exactly what I changed...I played around with settings....and when I saw that HIGH...I immidiately rolled back to medium....hahahahaha...but I dont think I've had on Auto (so that it detects settings by itself)...I had custom (first in medium settings...then I manually changed some of them...but all of them higher - noone lower!...and I left FSAA on off (cause then it would be on 1FPS I guess...hahahaah)...and so on... :p :mrgreen: :cool:

But it doesnt really matter....graphic side is really good!...and all that counts here is...to get full version asap...and meanwhile to upgrade machinery... :twisted: :haha: :dance: :clap:

Cya around soon people... :wave: :wicked:

3. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I can't wait to get the full version of this game :mrgreen:

4. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

Just finished Demo...

GOOSEBUMPS! :shock: :shock: :shock:

5. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah, I loved it when going down one ladder and in that hallway where the door shut on you. REALLY NICE! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

1 person likes this.
  6. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

So, 2Gig .. let's test this baby again .. ^^

7. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Does 2GB improves the loading times a lot? :mrgreen:

8. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

Loading times are sweet on max now.
    ~5sec into each level.
    And there are no ingame-glitches anymore. ^^

9. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Eek...it was just such a short time ago that 1GB of RAM was more than enough to play demanding games comfortably. :wall:

10. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

Right, but you have to keep in mind that all settings running at their max (not only game but Catalyst too).
    If you'd prefer max FPS rather than max quality, 1Gig and a 9800-generation card is still way enough. ^^

11. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Cool! I wish my system can be that fast too :lol:

12. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I just upgraded my system to 1GB weeks ago :wall:

13. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

Well, it's still "only" an average system, no chance to be among the fastest. ^^
    But I'm satisfied (and that's the most important thing).

Hint:
    Didn't check out custom settings by now, but if there's an option to disable real-time-shadowing (or any other shadow-option) .. it'd give you the most performance gain on this (and any other) game. ^^
    2xAA @ 1024x768 should be ok too.

14. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I know it's not the fastest, but at least your system plays the latest games smoothly :thumb: Unlike mine :cry: :haha:

15. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

Like I said, FPS vs. quality.
    At some tech-level you should not care 'bout quality anymore and tweak the hell out of it to be as fast as possible. ;) ^^
    Shadows, SmartShaders, AA, AF ... turn them off.
    'Cause they are not worth the drop of up to 20-30 FPS only 'cause of their small gain 'bout appearance, you won't be able to run them on max anyway.

16. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I turned off the softshadows already :mrgreen: Most of the time my system would stay above 30FPS but sometimes it actually dropped below that :wall: but it's quite playable

17. khelben

khelben Newbie

LoL as a frequent BF2 player, i kinda like FEAR's loading time :D:D

18. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

BF2 loads even slower than FEAR? :think:

19. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

:haha:

Agree.
    But like I said, loading also is just quality-depending.
    On lowest possible even BF2 turns into some Speedy Gonzales. :D ^^

20. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I normally don't care much about the loading times as long as the game is smooth while I'm playing it :mrgreen: