F1 on TV2

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by wiiz, Mar 17, 2003.

1. drab

drab Newbie

I thought ferrari was a town in africa :oops:

2. drab

drab Newbie

What a great G:p.Malaysia is the place to be for F:1 :lol:

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Damn, Ferrari lost again because of mistakes. How often do you see this? :) I find it really annoying when the commentators said that the new rules have make the race more interesting! That's extremely biased! Just because Ferrari didn't dominate! That race was boring, even from a non-Ferrari fan point of view...

4. Chai

Damn, Ferrari lost again because of mistakes. How often do you see this? :) I find it really annoying when the commentators said that the new rules have make the race more interesting! That's extremely biased! Just because Ferrari didn't dominate! That race was boring, even from a non-Ferrari fan point of view...

5. fuzzy

fuzzy Newbie

Schuey must be quite honoured. Rarely has a sport changed it's entire rule to make it harder for that person to win. Chamberlain is the only one I can think of right now. :D

You're kinda right, if the other drivers suck, why bother downgrading the game to fit them in ?? Yo don't see they put Tiger Woods on blindfolded do you ?

6. Chai

I'm not old enough to know how well Chamberlain plays. So what sort of rules did they change? :) I only know he still holds the record for most point scored in a game. :)

7. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

i see a double post there. but anyway, what kind of mistakes? Pit Stop take too long? it's a long time since i last watch those races.

8. drab

drab Newbie

Running into the back of another car and wiping your wing out is a good start 8)

9. goldfries

sounds more like a planned sabotage!! i'd like to see some rogue racer start to go opposite direction and screw up the race.

10. Chai

Hey, please. If you have not watch the race, please don't make comments like this. I know it's a joke, but it can be annoying too...

It was clear that he made a big mistake, and got a drive thru penalty. And after the race, he apologise Trulli. It certainly is a good start for the championship. And Ferrari has a lot of catching up to do...

11. fuzzy

fuzzy Newbie

I'm wayyyyyy younger than you I think ;) .. But the NBA raised the basket height to today's standard just sto stop him from dunking everytime the ball is in his hand :) .. Now that's power ;)

The match is still quite open I think, only 2 matches and the points are quite equal for now. No 234 lead points for anyone ;). It's quite hard for a talent to prospect in F1 I think, since the machines is given more importance than the driver itself. And a small failure can totally screw a match up. Thats why Alex Yoong isn't in there... if he only drove a Ferrari ;)

12. Chai

ic ic...

Hey, please, Alex Yoong was in a totally different class from the rest of the field, in a bad way. :)

13. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

YUP... i totally agree.... even if Shue drove the mirardi and Alex drove the ferrari... (acutally i think the williams's BMW engine have more power) Alex would still be left so far behind.. sheuy would probably finish the race, take a plane back to germany and still be home faster than alex... LOL

but anyway... I persoanlly find that the race is more interesting...unpredictable acutally....so it create a lot of interest now from the general public, those that dun really know abut the true mechanics of a F1-race... :)

14. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Currently the most powerful engine is from BMW at 890BHP @ 19200RPM followed by Mercedes @ 870BHP @ 18900RPM.

15. Chai

I doubt those ratings are accurate, because F1 is such a competitive motorsport, I doubt they will even leak out the information of their engine specification.

16. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Got the results from Autocar! Actually it doesn't matter if its real or fake cause in F1, there are alot of dynamics involved so a powerful engine doesn't mean it will win.

Specifications:
    BMW Williams
    890BHP @ 19200 RPM
    Jaguar
    875BHP @ 18500
    Mclaren Mercedes
    860BHP @ 19200 RPM
    Ferrari
    860BHP @ 18500 RPM
    Toyota
    860BHP @ 18400 RPM
    Jordan Ford
    860BHP @ 18200 RPM
    Sauber Petronas
    840BHP @ 18200 RPM
    Minardi
    840BHP @ 18200 RPM
    BAR
    835BHP @ 18100 RPM
    Renault
    820BHP @ 18000 RPM

17. Chai

Yeah, I agree with that. Aerodynamics is very very very important, which makes Ferrari the winning car all these years, even not having the most powerful engine.

18. drab

drab Newbie

HRumph :roll:

19. goldfries

and skills!! don't for get skills!!! good car design + good driver = good.

20. drab

drab Newbie

Well said,goldfries.car+skill=skar?call?Got it!winner! :roll: