Falcon, camels, dune-bashing

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by fiddler, Feb 5, 2008.

1. fiddler

fiddler Newbie

Hi guys, I had a bit of spare time on a recent trip to UAE...

Miles

Attached Files:

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Cute camel and Holy crap that looks like fun (dune bashing). :o

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Wow, the camel is itching? :lol:

4. cypris

cypris Newbie

This reminds me of my friend Ian. He went there late last year and brought back sand as souvenier which he had merely collected off the desert and placed in an old, used bottle. He then distributed it to his friends...all i got was a puny-ass glass bottle filled with sand, no bigger than my pinky's top section (nail and top joint)

=____=;

But anyways he mentioned that the dune bashing thing was uber cool and a must try when visiting the UAE. (and also hot air ballooning) So I bet fiddler must have had a LOT of fun eh :D

5. bobletman

bobletman Newbie

Wow you must have had fun there. Very nice pictures.

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Woah.. That's an amazing feat. Didn't know the Land Cruiser could do that! :shock:

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Land Cruiser is one of the defacto around those region.

8. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Land Cruiser is the king in all regions... :o

Crazy offroader that has tons of luxury stuff on it (like console fridge).

9. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

is dubai/abu dhabi safe for foreigners to wander around in a group of 2/3? Specifically, walking away from the hot, popular tourist spots to places where visitors can get a better feel of the local's daily life. deep into the city

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  10. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Never been there but I heard it's super safe. Security should not be a problem as it's a major tourist and shopping destination with lots of rich folks. :D

11. fiddler

fiddler Newbie

They are both very safe. But Dubai is a massive building site on a beach and full of foreign visitors. It depends what you want to go there for. I was not in UAE for very long and didn't have much chance to explore, but Abu Dhabi was far more interesting. We did a concert in the opulent Emirates Palace Hotel with its acres of gold leaf, but the best experience was ducking into a simple local cafe near the downtown hotel for a quick lunch - a few samosas and cold chick pea stew and salad (6 Reals = about £0.40). Lovely friendly polite people.

Miles