Firefox/mozilla add-ons

Discussion in 'General Software' started by belikethat, Sep 16, 2007.

1. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

can be done with tabmixplus. checkbox stuff :mrgreen:

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Nope, can't. Already looked into the whole thing, unless I missed it.

Like I said, the way to do it is Ctrl-Click on the link, instead of Shift-Click on the link.

3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Aiyo... right-click, open in new tab la... don't be so lazy. :mrgreen:

4. Chai

Yeah, slowly click when I have 50 new posts on 3 different forums. :p

5. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Yup. if using FF, TMP is a must. the default tab feature is.. well... sucky to say the least.

6. Chai

Actually that also not necessarily solve the problem. By default, the new tab will be in focus, so you have to go back to the old tab and do the same thing again. Of course, you can change that in the option.

7. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

I use la.......

SearchStatus
    ShowIP
    Alexa Sparky
    Web Developer
    Foxtrick
    EXIF Viewer

that's it...

8. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

If you want it easy, just set it to not focus on new tabs and use ctrl-click. Works on my side. :mrgreen:

But I'm thinking of moving to Maxthon for my home pc, again. LMAO! :haha: The firefox at home, the cpu usage kept hovering around 80s! Stupid... I thought it was the plugins, but when I copied the one from my laptop which only takes up 10s... to my desktop PC, the same thing happened! :shock:

GRRRrrrrrrRRR... :wall: :wall: :wall:

9. Chai

I don't know about you, when I use Ctrl-Click (like I mentioned twice in my previous posts), it works for me. :mrgreen:

This is one of the 'killer' features that I need a lot.

10. peaz

for me, i use drag de go addon to drag and drop links and get it to load on a background(un-focused) tab. even lazier. hahaha

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Eh, so you are using Firefox la... aiya... say la. :haha:

12. Chai

I've been using Firefox in office for the past year. But using Maxthon at home because of some minor missing features. But now I'm using Firefox at home since it's a lot faster than Maxthon when browsing TONS of tabs, I mean like 20+. I thought having C2D would help, but it didn't. Then I found out it was Maxthon problem.

But I'm still using Maxthon in one of my office notebook. Yeah, I have a few PCs in office. :haha:

13. neverthar

neverthar Newbie

14. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Chai, I have a solution to your problem. Middle-click on the links :thumb:

15. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

yep. middle click opens up new tabs and keeps the one you're on in focus.

very usefull specially in forums.

16. Chai

I havent tried IE7 because of the lack of plugin support. I might try it one day. Firefox memory leak is terrible. Try leaving it on for 1 week... :haha: Unless you need a lame excuse for memory upgrade! :haha:

17. peaz

IE7 is not too bad actually :) Vista comes with it by default and it's the rendering engine when I use IETab on FF.

Actually Chai, FF don't leak memory that much as the older versions but it still use a lot of memory if you allow it to. Some of it is used as cache to enable features like restoring closed tabs, history, etc.

Here's the knowledge base on this issue on FF's site.
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Reducing_memory_usage_(Firefox)

18. Chai

This is obviously a very bad idea for slower systems. Both my office machines come with only 512MB. Even running all my daily applications alone will choke the system.

19. peaz

yup. that's true. for those, I'd go for Opera :D haha. Should try it out on my work machine...

20. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Memory leak is the less of my worry on my home desktop PC. It's the CPU usage. Imagine it taking almost 80-90 cpu time. CRAZY SHYT!!! :wall: Even a fresh install with the profile removed prior to that. I need my C2D!! :doh: