forum is getting boring......

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Brian, Aug 10, 2003.

1. Brian

Brian Newbie

even the amount of guests has plunged down from the usual 20-somthings to 1-6 only....... :?

2. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yeah, I agree. That's why now I'm visiting other forums more. :(

3. Brian

Brian Newbie

yeah, me too..... :(
    i think the root of the problem happened once chai made posting on the lounge as not counted in postcount

4. NeoSquall

NeoSquall Newbie

yeah.. people are gettin little by little.. the forum is dying... why leh ? just look at this !

Attached Files:

• woo.JPG
      woo.JPG
      File size:
      20.2 KB
      Views:
  5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Actually, I think that's more due to Chai upgrading the forum than anything else. Happens everytime we upgrade. So I guess this time it's your fault, Brian! :mrgreen:

But is the number really that important? I don't know. I still find the same number of active topics as before. /me shrugs. :roll:

6. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

to me. traffic is good, but quality of posts are still most important.

my commitment is to help others solve problems whenever possible. not spam the forums.

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Hahaha...that's definitely not the main reason. Do you know there are many other forums, including lowyat forum, their kopitiam sections doesn't increase post count, does that mean number of posts are dropping? Nah...

And remember, it's you members that will change the way the forum will turn into. If everyone is active, it becomes active! :) And if the forum is boring, it means that the members are boring! :lol: Just kidding about the last part. :p

Yeah, the amount of new posts is pretty much the same as before...

8. Brian

Brian Newbie

i don't think so. if you see lounge nowadays, it's nothing compared to the amount of posts in Off Topic or havoc also la partially caused by me and Dashken :mrgreen: :p
    now you can see posts of the previous days in the first page......last time was totally different

9. Chai

You have to remember that we splitted up the Off Topic to General Discussion and Lounge, due to saturation. True, the number of posts has dropped, but it has virtually got nothing to do with the changes I've made.

peaz and Yupie post a lot less than they used to, could have contributed the 'slump'. The Lounge section was introduce to make this place an even better place to discuss virtually anything, except for a few exceptions mentioned in the rules. Have you seen any locked threads? :mrgreen:

10. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yeah... threads created by CS5. :thumb:

11. Chai

Yup, that's why I said this "except for a few exceptions mentioned in the rules" :lol:

12. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I really miss the time when there were 9000+ posts in a month. But that was tough on you admins and mods. :D

Those times... just a few months ago but feel so long ago. :|

13. vinzlim

vinzlim Newbie

pakat and organise one lor. choose some good topic and start in a specific day, i'll join. haven't been b4.

14. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

No need choose, can start from now. :D Hmm... it's funny. Now we have many people loggin in already... :think:

15. vinzlim

vinzlim Newbie

then wat thread to start?

16. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Anything in your mind? I just wanted to start the one from lowyat asking if anyone smokes. Hehe... :D

But I doubt the ARP people smokes. :think: They look like the goodie goodie kind. :think: :mrgreen:

17. kopitiam

kopitiam Newbie

Kopitiam~

make a Kopitiam forum where i can flood :lol:

or make a joke thread... :lol:

surely the board will got flooded :mrgreen: :p

18. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

actually the site was back to some what the state it was when i first joined. even during those days, Yupie and Jeremy's post were almost never seen.

19. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Well, if you think that this forum is getting boring, I have no choice but to give you...

... a picture of a CHICKEN'S BUTT!!! :dance: :mrgreen: :twisted:

[​IMG]

:)atwl

20. Brian

Brian Newbie

haha, any counsellors here? :) :(