Forums Suggestions & Problems

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, May 14, 2003.

1. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

If he doesn't mind. But I'm not trying to take over the webmaster's job here. I was just giving suggestions, and it blew into this.. :)

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Webmaster's job? No-no, I was not actually thinking of you being the webmaster. :mrgreen:

It was something else and not something right away. But never mind, that's out of topic already. :haha:

Seriously, at least you are offering solid suggestions. We sure can use an honest third party to critique our our design to improve it. :think:

3. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

just something on the smilies, the one with the question mark doesnt work. it'll display a confused smiliy instead

:?: :?

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Ok, fixed!

5. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

Looks like the update is giving problems while surfing ARP with FireFox. The Message formatting panel on the top & smiley panel on the right is unclickable & still doesn't seem to work after refreshing couple of times. But when I open ARP in IE, It works.

Screenshots attached below.

FireFox
    [​IMG]

IE
    [​IMG]

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. Darn. Okay, I think Chai's working on it now. Hopefully, he can come up with a solution. :think:

7. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

when giving +reps it'll load to a full screen, i kinda prefered the small pop-up window before.. :oops:

under "manage attachments" the .rar extention doesn't have a logo like the rest... also, why is .zip limited to only 195kb when .rar has 1mb+?

any chance of attaching video files in future? say under 10mb? :oops:

8. Chai

I don't know who added that rar format... :shock:

Nope, having such 'luxury' will kill me when I try to backup the forum data! Maybe in the future, I should just backup the data WITHOUT the attachment. :p

I will look into the problems.

9. Chai

Ok, for this problem, just press Ctrl-F5 for full refresh to clear old JavaScript code cached.

10. Chai

According to vBulletin guys, that's what they did. Why? I have no idea. I also prefer pop up too...

Rar icon is added.

Attach video? Not a chance! :haha:

Thanks for reporting all the issues! :thumb:

11. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

Woohoo!

It works now!!!

Thanks Chai!:thumb::beer::hug:

You're my hero![​IMG]