Forums Suggestions & Problems

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, May 14, 2003.

1. Brian

Brian Newbie

yalar, but beware. must be wary of every threat

2. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

ah..adminers.. the forum listing too short!! cannot see many topics..have 2 turn 2 page 2,3,4...difficult man..some more got dat 4 announcment or sticky post... :wall: :wall:
    can u all increase number of post per page? what u all think? :think:

3. 1031982

1031982 Just Started

I would like to see an option on how many posts are displayed per page. I have DSL and I like to get as much as possible in one page, but when I was on dial-up, I kept things (if I had the option) to about 15 posts per page.

4. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

good idea! & raise the default coz dis is only html..no graphics..more post=more participation..if not, ppl will forget 2 check some of the post..

5. Brian

Brian Newbie

actually, the admin's can't give us the option to choose. it simply doesn't exist. there's only 1 setting that can be chosen by the admin. and it's php, not html :p
    :whistle:

6. 1031982

1031982 Just Started

That sucks. It would be really nice if we could choose. Beople with high-speed internet could set it higher and beople with dial-up could set it lower. Both parties win.

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I reduced from the previous, 50 topics per page, for the same reason. But I reduced to 15 only because I don't want people digging up old threads, encouraging people to post on new threads. And not because of BW, slow loading issue. It's back to default, 20.

8. Brian

Brian Newbie

chai, are you going to upgrade to phpBB 2.05? it can help many dialup users that get invalid_session due to their dialup connection disconnecting

9. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

The forum is getting slower. Do you feel it? It's fast on other forum but not for ARP anymore. Hmm... :think:

10. Brian

Brian Newbie

yalar, now that you say it, i think i feel it too. at first i thought it was my connection, but if another fella also has the problem, i think it's the forum

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yup... when I click a link, the connection just stopped for a few seconds before it asks from the server. It used to ask straightaway. :doh:

And now ARP's forum is the slowest among the forums that I visit. It used to be the fastest. Hmm... :think:

12. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Oooo... Chai, you made changes? The forum suddenly very fast. :dance: Good job!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

13. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Dash.. sorry about that. We thought it was our own bad connections so we didn't check it out. Turns out to be some IIS problem. Heh...

Peaz just restarted IIS so everything should be back to normal now! Over here, it's damn fast! :mrgreen:

14. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Good job Peaz and Adrian!!! Woohoo... :dance: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Btw, how do you get access to the IIS and everything else on the server? You can't go to US physically can you? :think:

15. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hahah... Our secret. :D

16. Brian

Brian Newbie

it must be some superfast NAC. or either they got PY222 to help them in the US :D

17. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Network Adapter Card? Wow... should be damn fast then. :D

This Adrian is cunning... :twisted: You should get [​IMG] LOL! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

18. Brian

Brian Newbie

umm, for a while i couldn't access the site
    what happened?
    was the server restarted again? :think:

19. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yeah, me too. And now I think the IIS is acting funny again. :think:

20. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

LOL, nothing to do with me. I didn't do anything at all. I'm not the server admin, well better not tell our secret! :lol: