Foxconn A79A-S?

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by Motoman, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Motoman

Motoman Newbie

...anybody know when the new Foxconn A79A-S mobo might be available? I am excited about the new southbridge (750) and want to see what the price is for this swank new unit...apparently it's not in the channel yet though.

2. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Checked around and not sure on price but it was supposed to be released before the end of July. I checked the Foxconn site but there "search" function doesn't seem to be working :roll:

3. Motoman

Motoman Newbie

Here's their page on it:
    Digital_life_A79A-S

...if it's in the channel very soon, I am interested in possibly using it for 6 gaming rigs I'm building for a new LAN party gaming center...not if they come out at $200 a board though. If they're $150 or less, I'm all over them - but have a budget to work with.

4. Motoman

Motoman Newbie

5. generalRage1982hrv

generalRage1982hrv ARP Reviewer

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  6. Rraven

Rraven Newbie

Hopefully once more manufacturers start including the SB750 as you said Moto, we'll see prices come down some.

For myself thats what I'm waiting on. The fact that so far the 750 seems to give a 200 mhz bump in overclocking because of design is definately a plus.

7. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

I agree nice boost but a wee bit pricey :think:

8. undersea

undersea Newbie

The gigabyte Ga-m750sli-ds4 is a nice board, $130 @ newegg.