Foxconn Qbook Tech Report

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Adrian Wong, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Foxconn may be a relative newcomer to the retail business, but they are actively expanding in all areas. In addition to their motherboard and graphics card business, they are also delving into the Mobile Internet Devices (MID) market. Their first MID product is the new Foxconn Qbook. Will the Qbook bring something new to the table, or will it just be another Eee PC clone? Let's find out.

[​IMG]

Link : Foxconn Qbook Tech Report

2. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Looks good to start be interesting to see how it performs. I am in the market for a laptop soon as I find 90 percent of what I am doing now my computer doesn't require the power of my desktop system.

I may look into a laptop and a wireless connection so I can work outside in the backyard instead of being stuck in here :D

3. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

That's a cute little laptop!

My EEEPc works wonders in wireless situations, where I can even surf in the kitchen, or in my bedroom, or whatever place I like!

Best of all, it's light.

So if you want a notebook for these surfing, get those featherweight books like the Foxconn Qbooks, EEE or similar ones. :)

4. Mac Daddy

Thanks for the feedback Bro I have been looking around and light is something I am looking for. Most of the time I just need to use a text editor, picture editor and access forums and IM online :)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  5. Adrian Wong

The best thing about these MIDs is that they use solid state drives. You can do anything with them without worrying about ruining the drive.

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

But I'm not impressed by it's battery life. 2 hours is just too short.

7. The_YongGrand

Yeah, my EEEPc isn't running that long with the batteries. 2 hours and I need a full recharge later! :haha:

8. Chai

Is there an option to buy bigger battery?

9. The_YongGrand

Well, I heard that there's another battery sold with a higher miliampere-age. :D

10. Adrian Wong

Yeah, it's a little too short. :think:

11. Adrian Wong

I'm not sure. I will ask them.

12. Mac Daddy

Please do so battery life might not be important here as I do have an AC source in the backyard. But 2 hours I think is way to short :think:

13. Adrian Wong

I agree. :D

14. Chai

The thing about this netbook is portability. If the battery life is so low, what's the point of having a netbook?

I expect nothing less than 4 hours TBH. I rather have slightly bulkier batteries. Looks like I can still rely on my TyTN II. :mrgreen:

15. Mac Daddy

I agree on 4 hours and lets see what Adrian finds on this :D

16. Adrian Wong

Got some news. Will be updating the overview soon.

17. Mac Daddy

18. The_YongGrand

I'm now typing this little EEEPc in the college - and guess what, if I have to 'dock' it in my library, I need to hunt for that AC powerpoint. Too freaking bad, those battery life is pretty short. Now I'm in the middle of recharging it.

Wish to get myself a 2nd battery as a backup. Or the ones with higher miliamp per hour rating. :)

19. Adrian Wong

We just updated the Foxconn Qbook Tech Report with new details on its storage and battery options. Check it out!

[​IMG]

Link : Foxconn Qbook Tech Report

20. Mac Daddy

Thanks for the update Adrian and hope they do include the 6 cell battery as an accessory to bad it wasn't included as an option :think: